First State April Affray

First State flippers presents Event #2 in the Delaware Tour Championship circuit!

Event #2 In Delaware. Back at Mike V’s place.

This tournament will be a no frills tournament. Cash payouts plus trophies will be the only awards handed out. No swag or giveaways for this one. I will be accepting pre-registration deposits this time to secure spots. If you want to reserve your spot, please send a $10 deposit via PAYPAL FRIENDS & FAMILY to djreddog@gmail.com with the note “First State APRIL AFFRAY Deposit”.

Tournament Details:
When: 04/28/18
Where: 30107 Stage Coach Circle, Milford DE 19963
Time: 1PM Start (Games will go on at 11am for practice and will turn off at 12:45pm so we can start announcements)
Cost: $35 ($30 will go to prize fund, trophies, etc. $5 will go to refreshments, etc.)
Format: IFPA Match Play in groups of 4. Qualifying will be from 1-4pm (guaranteed 7 rounds)
Finals: Based on 32 or more entries, Top 8 will go to “A” Finals, Next 8 will go to “B” Finals, all other players will go to “C” Finals
Scoring: 7 points for 1st, 5 points for 2nd, 3 points for 3rd, 1 point for 4th
Prizes: Trophies plus cash payouts. “A” division will award prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. “B” division will award cash and trophies for 1st and 2nd. “C” division will award cash and a trophy to first place and a trophy to second place.
Contact: djreddog (Chad Hastings) - 302-228-8988 or djreddog@gmail.com

IFPA Link: https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=23713#

Finals will be PAPA style for “A” and “B” division using the following format. 2 groups of 4 players in each group playing 3 games in a 4 game bank. Top 2 players in each group will then advance to the finals which will again be 3 games in a 4 game bank.
“C” division will be a 2 strike format.

SPOTS ARE ONLY RESERVED BY PAYPAL DEPOSIT

**Current game lineup is X-Men, Earthshaker, Comet, Full Throttle, ToTAN, Metallica, Indy 500, Jokerz, Road Show, Fish Tales, Cirqus Voltaire, Stars, ACDC Pro, No Good Gofers, Mousin Around, Iron Man, Taxi Dr. Who, Black Jack, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Cyclone, and Safe Cracker, Note - not all games will be used in the tournament

Sold Out once again!

Current list of players:

1. Chad Hastings
  2. Jetta Hastings
  3. Marianne Pangia
  4. Gavin Pangia
  5. Rich Moon
  6. Mike Veith
  7. Joe Fox Sr
  8. Joe Fox Jr
  9. Howard Dobson
  10. Dennis DeLong
  11. Michael Germscheid
  12. Ryan Riccobene
  13. Phil Kline
  14. Erik Ryan
  15. Harry Jackson
  16. Corey Hulse
  17. Kristine Hulse
  18. Becky Hastings
  19. Ricky Hastings
  20. Lindsey Dowling
  21. Ryan Young
  22. Brian LeBlanc
  23. Dylan McGarry
  24. Rob Thomas
  25. Karen Huggins
  26. Charlie Bucks
  27. Joe Oesterling
  28. Koi Morris
  29. Rob DeStasio
  30. Tom DeStasio
  31. Eric DeStasio
  32. Dennis Vallone
  33. David Schumeister
  34. Beck Gusler
  35. Matt Gusler
  36. Pete Tsipouras
  37. Jeffrey Shropshire
  38. Chris Thomas
  39. Victor Scelba
  40. Anthony Wotjkiak
  41. Melissa Strohl
  42. Ryan Altemose
  43. Chris Chow
  44. Brian Thomas

@djreddog, congrats on all the work you’ve been putting into the Delaware scene over the past several months… really seems like you’re rocking it.

3 Likes

Thanks Joe. I officially started the tournament pinball scene in September of 2017 and the attendance has exceeded all expectations. The support from the surrounding states is tremendous and greatly appreciated. I lot of tournaments in the tri-state area run either a 3 or 4 strike knockout format and I believe my format of group match play is the enticing factor for the players.

I’m still amazed we had 27 kids attend our kids tournament last year.

I’m hoping with the creation of the Delaware Tour Championship circuit this year that even more people we recognize Delaware as a tournament hotbed. Based on attendance for the first 3 events, the Tour Championship should easily pay $800 to first place!

If you have any additional advice, please share because not only am I new to tournament directing, I’m also new to the tournament scene.

Hi Chad, am I in time to snag the last spot for the tournament? I’m sending you my deposit now.

Thanks,
Sanjay

Sanjay,

You initially missed the cut off by a matter of minutes. However, due to popular demand, we have decided to add more spots for the April Affray event! So now you are tasked with finding 3 more people to sign up :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll put the word out in my area! :slight_smile:

April Affray is sold out for a second time! This will be First State Flippers largest tournament to date with 48 players! Game list has been slightly adjusted. See below for player list and game list. Don’t forget it’s BYOBeverage. We will break around 415pm for about 30-45 minutes to give everyone time to eat and give us time to setup for finals. Can’t wait to see everyone! Also, I’ll be DJing at The Starboard on 4/27 if anyone wants to come down and party with me! Thanks again to everyone for making this event a success!!!

1. Chad Hastings
  2. Jetta Hastings
  3. Marianne Pangia
  4. Gavin Pangia
  5. Rich Moon
  6. Mike Veith
  7. Joe Fox Sr
  8. Joe Fox Jr
  9. Howard Dobson
  10. Dennis DeLong
  11. Michael Germscheid
  12. Ryan Riccobene
  13. Phil Kline
  14. Erik Ryan
  15. Harry Jackson
  16. Corey Hulse
  17. Kristine Hulse
  18. Becky Hastings
  19. Ricky Hastings
  20. Lindsey Dowling
  21. Ryan Young
  22. Brian LeBlanc
  23. Dylan McGarry
  24. Rob Thomas
  25. Karen Huggins
  26. Charlie Bucks
  27. Joe Oesterling
  28. Koi Morris
  29. Rob DeStasio
  30. Tom DeStasio
  31. Eric DeStasio
  32. Dennis Vallone
  33. David Schumeister
  34. Beck Gusler
  35. Matt Gusler
  36. Pete Tsipouras
  37. Jeffrey Shropshire
  38. Chris Thomas
  39. Victor Scelba
  40. Anthony Wotjkiak
  41. Melissa Strohl
  42. Ryan Altemose
  43. Chris Chow
  44. Brian Thomas
  45. Frank Lane
  46. Craig Genievich
  47. John Moran
  48. Sanjay Shah

Current game lineup is X-Men, Earthshaker, Comet, Full Throttle, ToTAN, Metallica, Indy 500, Jokerz, Road Show, Fish Tales, Cirqus Voltaire, Stars, ACDC Pro, No Good Gofers, Mousin Around, Iron Man, Taxi Dr. Who, Black Jack, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Cyclone, and Safe Cracker. Note - not all games will be used in the tournament.

We had a last minute cancellation for April Affray. This means we have 1 spot open if anyone is interested. First come first served!

Also, current game list has beep updated.

No Good Gofers, Fish Tales, Cirqus Voltaire, X-Men, ACDC, Iron Man, Metallica, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Dr Who, Indy 500, Earthshaker, Jokerz, Taxi, Mousin Around, Comet, Full Throttle, Stars, Count Down, WWE

Hi guys! Does anyone have tips on how to play the following games in a tournament:
Comet, Full Throttle, WWE

Thanks

Tomorrow I will have full results posted for everyone. Thanks again to all of the participants for coming out and supporting First State Flippers and Delaware Pinball. We had 46 participants today, our largest field yet! Event #2 is now in the books!

“A” Finals results:

1. Pete Tsipouras -$300 & a giant trophy
  2. Chad Hastings - $175 & a medal
  3. Rob DeStasio - $125 & a medal
  4. Eric DeStasio - $100 & a medal
  5. Brian LeBlanc - $75

“B” Finals results:

1. Ken Rossi - $100 & a trophy
  2. Corey Hulse - $60 and a medal

“C”Finals results:

1. Joe Oesterling - $75 & a trophy
  2. Chris Thomas - 2nd place medal

1 Like

A big thanks to all 46 people for attending today’s event. Again I hope everyone had a blast yesterday. Congratulations to all of the winners as well!! We had lots of new faces collecting cash at this event and once again we had 8 new players attending a Delaware Pinball tournament!!! Event #3 is on 6/9 in Middletown, DE at Joe Fox’s house and that event is sold out. Don’t forget that registration is now open for events 4, 5, and 6. Send in your deposits ASAP to reserve your spot! Lastly, IFPA results should be submitted tomorrow, we had a problem trying to submit them tonight.

Also, I want to make sure everyone that participates in a First State Flippers tournament is fully aware of the breakdown of the money received for the tournament. I want everything to be transparent.

As mentioned before, $4 from each entry paid is being set aside for the prize fund for the “Delaware Tour Championship” that will be held after the original 6 events are completed. We collected $184 from the April Affray event and that now brings the total after 2 events to $344.

We also held another 50/50 raffle drawing during event #2. The purpose of the 50/50 raffle is to take half of the proceeds and put that aside for the winner of the Delaware State Championship Series. First State Flippers will help “sponsor” the winner of the SCS and whatever money we take in from the 50/50 will go to that person to help cover expenses, flight, lodging, etc to attend the Nationals in Las Vegas next year. We sold $125 in 50/50 tickets with Chris Chow being the winner and collecting $62.50. That left $62.50 being put aside for the SCS winner, although I added 50 cents to make it an even $63. After 2 events we now have $132 collected from the 50/50.

Final overall results are posted below. In addition to that I have updated the Delaware Tour Championship standings and posted those results as well. Currently Koi Morris is our #1 seed after 2 events. PLEASE REMEMBER that in order to qualify for the Delaware Tour Championship you have to attend 3 of the 6 events PLUS finish inside the top 32 after all 6 events are completed.

-Chad
First State Flippers

FINAL OVERALL STANDINGS:

1,Pete Tsipouras
2,Chad Hastings
3,Robert DeStasio
4,Eric Destasio
5,Brian LeBlanc
6,Koi Morris
7,Sanjay Shah
8,Rich Moon
9,Ken Rossi
10,Corey Hulse
11,jeffrey shropshire
12,Howard Dobson
13,Mike Veith
14,Victor Scelba
15,Ryan Altemose
16,Anthony Wojtkowiak
17,Joseph Oesterling
18,Chris Thomas PA
19,Rob Thomas MD
20,Brian Thomas
20,Dylan Mcgarry
24,Joe Fox Sr
24,Joe Fox Jr
24,Erik Ryan
24,David Schumeister
24,Harry Jackson
29,Mike Germscheid
29,Dennis DeLong
29,Charlie Bucks
29,Frank Lane
29,Marianne Pangia
34,Dennis Vallone
34,Craig Genievich
34,Ryan Riccobene
34,Ryan Young
34,Chris Chow
34,Jetta Hastings
41,Tom Destasio
41,Karen Huggins
41,Becky Hastings
41,Gavin Pangia
41,John Moran NJ
41,Ricky Hastings
41,Lindsey Dowling

1 Like

Thanks for a very well run tournament Chad! I loved the professionalism with which you ran the tournament, from the initial introductions before the start, to how you handled rulings and machine malfunctions as well as the transparency in how the money taken was spent.

I loved the idea of handing out small money prizes to players who achieved objectives first (such as starting Rock the Boat on Fish Tales). There were so many objectives I didn’t remember any of them while I was playing :smiley: .

Keep up the great work promoting pinball in Delaware!

1 Like

Those pants though…

1 Like

Are you talking about Sanjay’s pants or mine? lol

Sanjay,

Thanks for the awesome feedback. It’s greatly appreciated as I try and put in a ton of pre-planning to make sure my events run smooth and the ultimate goal is for everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves. I’ve only run 4 events, so still quite new to it all and your feedback helps for sure. The bonus envelopes have become our little niche and it’s a great way for people to win some additional money while actually playing a tournament game. I’m hoping the Delaware Tour Championship will continue to draw people to Delaware to play competitive pinball and I also want pinballers to see that Delaware is hopefully running first class tournaments. Hope to see you back at one of our future events!

Chad

1 Like

LOLOL !!!

1 Like

Here are a few more for your viewing pleasure!

1 Like

Wow. You need to try out for the Norwegian curling team.

Congrats on what sounds like a very successful event!

1 Like