First State April Affray

First State flippers presents Event #2 in the Delaware Tour Championship circuit!

Event #2 In Delaware. Back at Mike V’s place.

This tournament will be a no frills tournament. Cash payouts plus trophies will be the only awards handed out. No swag or giveaways for this one. I will be accepting pre-registration deposits this time to secure spots. If you want to reserve your spot, please send a $10 deposit via PAYPAL FRIENDS & FAMILY to djreddog@gmail.com with the note “First State APRIL AFFRAY Deposit”.

Tournament Details:
When: 04/28/18
Where: 30107 Stage Coach Circle, Milford DE 19963
Time: 1PM Start (Games will go on at 11am for practice and will turn off at 12:45pm so we can start announcements)
Cost: $35 ($30 will go to prize fund, trophies, etc. $5 will go to refreshments, etc.)
Format: IFPA Match Play in groups of 4. Qualifying will be from 1-4pm (guaranteed 7 rounds)
Finals: Based on 32 or more entries, Top 8 will go to “A” Finals, Next 8 will go to “B” Finals, all other players will go to “C” Finals
Scoring: 7 points for 1st, 5 points for 2nd, 3 points for 3rd, 1 point for 4th
Prizes: Trophies plus cash payouts. “A” division will award prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. “B” division will award cash and trophies for 1st and 2nd. “C” division will award cash and a trophy to first place and a trophy to second place.
Contact: djreddog (Chad Hastings) - 302-228-8988 or djreddog@gmail.com

IFPA Link: https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=23713#

Finals will be PAPA style for “A” and “B” division using the following format. 2 groups of 4 players in each group playing 3 games in a 4 game bank. Top 2 players in each group will then advance to the finals which will again be 3 games in a 4 game bank.
“C” division will be a 2 strike format.

SPOTS ARE ONLY RESERVED BY PAYPAL DEPOSIT

**Current game lineup is X-Men, Earthshaker, Comet, Full Throttle, ToTAN, Metallica, Indy 500, Jokerz, Road Show, Fish Tales, Cirqus Voltaire, Stars, ACDC Pro, No Good Gofers, Mousin Around, Iron Man, Taxi Dr. Who, Black Jack, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Cyclone, and Safe Cracker, Note - not all games will be used in the tournament

Sold Out once again!

Current list of players:

1. Chad Hastings
  2. Jetta Hastings
  3. Marianne Pangia
  4. Gavin Pangia
  5. Rich Moon
  6. Mike Veith
  7. Joe Fox Sr
  8. Joe Fox Jr
  9. Howard Dobson
  10. Dennis DeLong
  11. Michael Germscheid
  12. Ryan Riccobene
  13. Phil Kline
  14. Erik Ryan
  15. Harry Jackson
  16. Corey Hulse
  17. Kristine Hulse
  18. Becky Hastings
  19. Ricky Hastings
  20. Lindsey Dowling
  21. Ryan Young
  22. Brian LeBlanc
  23. Dylan McGarry
  24. Rob Thomas
  25. Karen Huggins
  26. Charlie Bucks
  27. Joe Oesterling
  28. Koi Morris
  29. Rob DeStasio
  30. Tom DeStasio
  31. Eric DeStasio
  32. Dennis Vallone
  33. David Schumeister
  34. Beck Gusler
  35. Matt Gusler
  36. Pete Tsipouras
  37. Jeffrey Shropshire
  38. Chris Thomas
  39. Victor Scelba
  40. Anthony Wotjkiak
  41. Melissa Strohl
  42. Ryan Altemose
  43. Chris Chow
  44. Brian Thomas

@djreddog, congrats on all the work you’ve been putting into the Delaware scene over the past several months… really seems like you’re rocking it.

Thanks Joe. I officially started the tournament pinball scene in September of 2017 and the attendance has exceeded all expectations. The support from the surrounding states is tremendous and greatly appreciated. I lot of tournaments in the tri-state area run either a 3 or 4 strike knockout format and I believe my format of group match play is the enticing factor for the players.

I’m still amazed we had 27 kids attend our kids tournament last year.

I’m hoping with the creation of the Delaware Tour Championship circuit this year that even more people we recognize Delaware as a tournament hotbed. Based on attendance for the first 3 events, the Tour Championship should easily pay $800 to first place!

If you have any additional advice, please share because not only am I new to tournament directing, I’m also new to the tournament scene.

Hi Chad, am I in time to snag the last spot for the tournament? I’m sending you my deposit now.

Thanks,
Sanjay

Sanjay,

You initially missed the cut off by a matter of minutes. However, due to popular demand, we have decided to add more spots for the April Affray event! So now you are tasked with finding 3 more people to sign up :grinning:

Thanks, I’ll put the word out in my area! :slight_smile:

April Affray is sold out for a second time! This will be First State Flippers largest tournament to date with 48 players! Game list has been slightly adjusted. See below for player list and game list. Don’t forget it’s BYOBeverage. We will break around 415pm for about 30-45 minutes to give everyone time to eat and give us time to setup for finals. Can’t wait to see everyone! Also, I’ll be DJing at The Starboard on 4/27 if anyone wants to come down and party with me! Thanks again to everyone for making this event a success!!!

1. Chad Hastings
  2. Jetta Hastings
  3. Marianne Pangia
  4. Gavin Pangia
  5. Rich Moon
  6. Mike Veith
  7. Joe Fox Sr
  8. Joe Fox Jr
  9. Howard Dobson
  10. Dennis DeLong
  11. Michael Germscheid
  12. Ryan Riccobene
  13. Phil Kline
  14. Erik Ryan
  15. Harry Jackson
  16. Corey Hulse
  17. Kristine Hulse
  18. Becky Hastings
  19. Ricky Hastings
  20. Lindsey Dowling
  21. Ryan Young
  22. Brian LeBlanc
  23. Dylan McGarry
  24. Rob Thomas
  25. Karen Huggins
  26. Charlie Bucks
  27. Joe Oesterling
  28. Koi Morris
  29. Rob DeStasio
  30. Tom DeStasio
  31. Eric DeStasio
  32. Dennis Vallone
  33. David Schumeister
  34. Beck Gusler
  35. Matt Gusler
  36. Pete Tsipouras
  37. Jeffrey Shropshire
  38. Chris Thomas
  39. Victor Scelba
  40. Anthony Wotjkiak
  41. Melissa Strohl
  42. Ryan Altemose
  43. Chris Chow
  44. Brian Thomas
  45. Frank Lane
  46. Craig Genievich
  47. John Moran
  48. Sanjay Shah

Current game lineup is X-Men, Earthshaker, Comet, Full Throttle, ToTAN, Metallica, Indy 500, Jokerz, Road Show, Fish Tales, Cirqus Voltaire, Stars, ACDC Pro, No Good Gofers, Mousin Around, Iron Man, Taxi Dr. Who, Black Jack, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Cyclone, and Safe Cracker. Note - not all games will be used in the tournament.