Feedback on Pin Masters?

Why are so many people disliking OC? Am I the only one who thinks it’s awesome? There’s a spinner, saucer, drops, & lots of nudging! What more can a player want?

1 Like

Some reason I missed this post and I’ve never seen someone do that before!

Sure, but was it a Heavy Metal Meltdown? No, I guess it wasn’t.

Hey, at least he melted down about something that actually happened.

Before Nationals, I got accused of smacking the glass on a game I wasn’t even playing. I was on my way to the bathroom and passed by the change machine where I saw my wife and Andrei. Andrei was looking for change for a $20, and we were able to accommodate him. In the middle of this, a woman comes up and accuses me of abusing a machine because “I heard a noise and turned around and you were there.” None of us were able to convince her that not only did I not abuse a machine, I wasn’t even playing one. Soon after, I saw her complaining to Tim and pointing in my direction.

Needless to say, this put me in a sour mood and after I bombed out of Nationals we promptly left rather than give this guy any more of our business. Seeing this clip of Tim going off on Eden doesn’t really make me think this was an isolated incident. And good lord, I just watched the Noah Davis slide-save, he didn’t hit anything. That’s just a normal slide-save, perfectly fine. Apparently Tim doesn’t want people to actually play his machines.

So to bring this back on topic… feedback on the venue would be “find another venue where the owner isn’t a psychopath.” As a player I am very put off by this, I’m going to be wondering in the back of my mind whether me executing an accepted pinball move to save a ball is going to get me ejected from the building. That’s not right.

1 Like

I had a similar experience to this a couple years back at the PHOF. I got an incoherent yelling at by Tim for making an ordinary slap save on Neptune. I’ve never been back to the PHOF and will never go back. It’s not worth the time and money to travel to a tournament where I might get lectured like a grade school student every time there’s a “big noise” move. So my feedback on the event, even though I wasn’t there, would be to hold it somewhere more tournament player friendly.

1 Like

Once Karl gets the videos uploaded to YouTube, if someone can do the time stamp direct link thing I would actually love to be able to send that to Tim (showing the actual incident followed up by his comments). This should hopefully clearly show that his disrespect towards the players were completely out of line. Please DON’T forward any time stamps of people actually abusing the games :smile:

They may be his “customers”, but I want to let him know that he’s representing the IFPA in a bad way based on his inappropriate outbursts. Ultimately the IFPA is his customer similar to any other private party he may rent space out for.

It will be a moot point soon enough with the announcement of the Amusement Expo moving to Dallas starting in 2017, but we will be back in Vegas for 2016 (both for Nationals and the Pin-Masters).

Dates have been set for the show, which means our dates are also set:

Thursday, March 17th 2016 would be Nationals
Friday, March 18th through Sunday March 20th, 2016 would be Pin-Masters

2 Likes

From Skip Bayless

“Tiger still most entertaining player in golf, dropping club on bad shots, angry backhand swipes, wild fallaway swings off sidehills.”

Professional.

1 Like