DO OR DIE: A competitive pinball podcast!

Now there’s a podcast concept!

Start with something you disagree on. You continue recording, for hours if necessary, until one person caves in. I could see this being popular amongst lawyer types.

Hey, regardless of how you view the math, you gotta agree that it’s a super cool rule and one that was ahead of it’s time for EM technology.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

New episode!
Now available on Google Play Music Podcasts!
Send mail to doordiepinballpodcast@gmail.com
Subscribe to rss feed

• Seattle Pinball League May Event
  • Transformers
  • Guardians
  • Fish Tales
  • Iron Man
  • Black Knight Sword of Rage
  • More Iron Man
  • Tron
  • Even More Iron Man
  • Attack from Mars
  • Some updates on tournaments
4 Likes

Another new episode!

• Tron
  • Total Nuclear Annihilation
  • Game of Thrones
  • Twilight Zone
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Ripley’s Believe it or Not
  • Funhouse
  • World Cup Soccer
  • Atlantis
  • Crqs Vlt**r
  • Dialed In
7 Likes

Waiting for that NYCPC recap… :grin:

1 Like

Late tonight or tomorrow morning, stay tuned!

2 Likes

When you win a game, but don’t really win a game.

1 Like

when you are short by less than one M on Shadow T_T

We call that “dying”

4 Likes

Episode is LIVE!

Like us on Facebook!

Episode notes:
New York City Pinball Championships
Main and classics
Games played: Argosy, Satin Doll, Wizard, Monaco, Whirlwind, Transformers, The Shadow, Stern Rolling Stones, Alien Star, Walking Dead

8 Likes

re: Transformers, you indeed can’t light Allspark during multiball, you must have it lit before starting MB to have add-a-ball available.

Thanks for the podcast, it’s really helpful to learn high-level strategies!

1 Like

Actually I don’t agree with this. I think having the games setup differently from what people are used to is a good thing to do. If there is something wildly different like virtual locks then a post it note is helpful. I also put ball save info on a post it note, but the fact that its hard locks the players need to figure out for themselves…

1 Like

Love the podcast. It’s fascinating to hear how a top player approaches different games, and it was really inspirational to me to learn that the things the #1 player in the world is thinking about when he plays aren’t so different from the things I’m thinking about when I play! After I first started listening, I went into my next tournament brimming with confidence. 3 games, 3 strikes, out :frowning:

I still really enjoy the podcast though!

4 Likes

New episode! Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show!

6 Likes

Just listened to the episode. Either something weird happened on my end or it happened on your end. At some point between the 20-25 minute mark the audio completely changes tones.

Yeah, I’m aware… I bought a new mic and thought I was using it but turns out it was just using the built in laptop mic for the first 25 minutes. Let me know which half of the podcast sounds better…

The first half is muddy and the second half is much better, but you might want to get a mic stand and/or pop filter.

Still kicking myself for not just taking the lit mummy mb alone instead of trying to start Icarus first. If i had a competitive podcast I’d say don’t do what I did.

2 Likes

I always thought supercross was the way to go on No Fear to guarantee payback time.