Dialed In! Rulesheet (Wiki)

From what i’ve heard (small sample size) in order to get this to work, the delay must be adjusted to something like -110 units of time. I pretty much never see this work properly on a factory-set game, because the delay is just too long I’m guessing. Was wondering why they didn’t start putting lower values by default in v1.50 but maybe it’s not as obvious as to what the default value should be. I think this is pretty important. The gaming trying to work this out would be preferable too, since I’d take the ~50% reliability of Thing Flips here over a 100% chance of the ball coming SDTM.

I have mine set to -110 and it reliably tosses the ball backwards. Not 100% but reliable enough to trust it. The machine has 7000+ plays at this point.

2 Likes

The number that you need to use will be different for each machine. I imagine it depends on slope of the machine, dirt, cleanliness of balls, wear on magnet, mylar covering/surrounding magnet, etc.

I’ve had to adjust mine twice, I think primarily due to mylar wear.

Anyone else experience a glitch where you skip over Chaos in Quantum City, if you start your 6th mode during a Bob multiball?

Known issue, already been fixed. New release coming out RSN.

I think I ran into a bug today: Started Meteor Storm, during the mode locked ball two which should have lit MB start at the phone, instead the mode just continued running until it timed out as I was trying to figure out what was happening. After the mode ended Choas in Quantum City was lit at the phone. Lighting multiball during my 6th mode appears to have locked me out of actually being able to start MB. Anyone else seen this happen?

@PinballKatz do you know when we can expect a fix to the “only two or three modes available for later players” bug when competition mode is on? Using it in NWPC this year and wondering what the best settings are for finals…

2 Likes

Hallo Dialed In! lovers,

I had a pretty nice game yesterday in which I started Quick High Voltage Multiball but in it then I started an Under Attack Multiball. I managed to hit the QED 24 times in the process and before I drained the second-to-last ball I could see the phone ringing: Unknown Caller (as usual) with a GRAY background.

What was I missing here?!

Thanks!!
–Enver

Six modes? Chaos In Quantum City?

Hm…
In the next ball I had a chance to play CIQC – but when they call, this would be with a blue color-code.
Under Attack is green, Chaos is blue.
Do you think the explanation simply is a glitch here and that’s why I had gray?

Added info about the Quantum Theater Multiball mode.

2 Likes

Nice! What are the jackpot and SJP values you’ve seen for this MB? I realize based on your description that the value is dependent on the feature scoring leading up to it… just looking for an estimate if you recall it.

Whoa what??? Was there a new code update? What version is this in?

2 Likes

Not out yet. Scheduled for release after Expo.

I’ll give a quick rundown of the scoring changes for the next update (with it not officially released things could change still)

Bob Crazy Modes (essentially both updates bring all 3 crazy modes in line with a good play to 100K or so):

• Selfie – switch hits 100 -> 1000 per switch
  • Emoji
    – Main hurry up for completion 40K -> 100K
    – Per Shot hurry up value 1000 to 50 -> 5000 to 500
  • Lottery was already around this range based on performance

Under Attack Multiball

• Jackpots base value 2500 -> 3000
  • Jackpot value also includes an increase for Super Jackpots earned (this increment will continue into subsequent MBs) and Sim cards collected
  • Super Jackpots (max being the value given if the laser is in its final spot before hitting flipper, min is start of laser)
    • QED Super 6500 min to 10000 max -> 11500 to 15000
    • Theater Super 13250 to 20000 -> 23250 to 30000
    • Wrench Super 23000 to 40000 -> 43000 to 60000

Quantum Theater Multiball Scoring
10K - starting it

Jackpots - 500 base + inc (starts at 0 goes up by 100 to a max of 2k for every jackpot made) + ((spider held value + transit held value + kilowatt held value + drone held value) / 4 ) ** essentially the average of the 4 held values… the held value shown in status report not the bonus value that gets held over. the value you will get for the next spider squash etc

Super Jackpot - 25000 base + inc (0 goes up by 500 to 5k for every super jackpot made) + (spider spinner hit count * 1250 + kilowatt drop hit * 1250 + drone captive ball hit * 1250 + train door bash hit * 1250) * current return hold multiplier ( +1x for each skill shot held at the start max of 5x does not include hold bonus x as one)

QTMB can be very valuable but it takes work to really bust it open. But even just getting to it can be lucrative. Skill shots holding the 4 items can be very important now. Spending time to hit the features can also be very valuable now.

Some interesting side effects of it can give you possible double jackpot values on certain items. If you have High Voltage going and you get to QTMB then QED jackpots are basically giving double jackpots for each specific multiball. Same can be said about drones gone wild (drone target) and monkey wrench (made ramp shots past the diverter)

QTMB can be stacked with UAMB and any mode as well

I wrote this up quickly so there could be some errors but you get the general idea.

There is also a handful of scoring updates to Armageddon, Chaos (you can now collect sim cards during it), and some bug fixes in scoring in the modes.

Looking forward to seeing it be played with this new stuff competitively.

2 Likes

Awesome! Love to see this game getting even more updates. Do you think you could make the theater modes themselves worth going for? Currently, I get very sad when I accidentally start train bash because it blocks my center shot, and doesn’t really give me any points. It would be great if I was incentivized heavily to actually play the mode (maybe beating a theater mode gives you a larger boost in the multiball jackpots? Maybe a completion bonus that is multiplied by SIM cards? more points per shot?)

2 Likes

The Super jackpot value of QTMB depend on how well you do during something like Train bash.

The base value of the start of a hold rule as also been increased. from 1k to 2500. And if you add in the potential bumps you get from Super Skill shot or Super Duper Skill shot it increases it even further to start. You can come right out the gate and have like 7500 per bash hit added to bonus on your first to time train bash. I suspect you will notice a difference in the bonus you gets with these adjustments. The QTMB super jackpot also depending on how well you do during those theater modes will also add to that.

There is also a new High Score entry for highest QTMB Super Jackpot

3 Likes

Just had a couple good games on the new code and I just have to say that the updates are awesome! I love the stackability of QTMB really changes how I’m trying to play through the game.

I think my favorite part of the change log is “ability to collect SIM cards in Chaos” :+1:

How did you find out the new code is out? Haven’t seen anything on Facebook…

Yeah that rules too. I saw it in the comments on JJP facebook post about Hobbit 3.00 code. I’ve been checking their fb page daily to make sure I didn’t miss it.