Cactus Jack's Silverball Showdown 2019

Yeah, I mentioned it early sat morning. I’m going to claim that is why I failed to qualify as it had absolutely nothing to do with my crap play Saturday afternoon :wink:

Seriously though, no apology necessary. I was talking with a couple people after the tournament and they thought it may have been a bug so I figured I’d check again so if it was it doesn’t happen to someone else. Still a fun tournament. Thanks for putting it on.

1 Like

Ah, at the start of play Saturday morning you would have been reseeded based on your tournament standings after Friday’s rounds. At that time you were seeded 20th which was correct.

Will this still be happening in 2019 despite lack of Circuit status this year?

Yes we will be having the Silverball Showdown this year. It will be a Friday/Saturday tournament rather than a 3-day event.

It will still be Pinburgh-style match play.

5 Likes

Have you picked dates yet?

The 2019 Cactus Jack’s Silverball Showdown will take place May 4-5th, 2019. It is not on the circuit this year but it will retain the same mini-Pinburgh format.

The other notable change is it will be a 2 day event with 5 rounds of qualifying on Saturday with the finals on Sunday.

If you miss out on Pinburgh or just want more Pinburgh-style goodness and love to play a wide variety of well-maintained machines, I encourage you to sign up and join us at Cactus Jack’s.

Who knows. Maybe with your help we might make the Circuit again next year!

Please register by contacting me at silverballshowdown@gmail.com

For tournament info, visit the website: www.cactusjackssilverballshowdown.com

Thanks,
Shawn Lee

6 Likes

Hooray! Can’t wait. Love me some Cactus Jack’s.

1 Like

Sadly I won’t be able to attend this year, but highly encourage others to. It’s always been one of my favorite events in previous years. Well run, and the games are all immaculate! Except for that 300…

1 Like

Thanks! It will be great to have you back this year!

Yeah, that 300 is crap. I keep trying to save it from it’s owner but he just wont let it go :slight_smile:

Just a few weekends away from mini-Pinburgh in OKC, held at one of the best public location collections in the country. Make your travel plans, and email @alveolus to register. Very few spots remaining.
May 4-5.

3 Likes

The Silverball Showdown is only 2 weeks away!

Here is the tentative machine list

Modern:

Kiss
Metallica
Aerosmith
Ghostbusters
Iron Man
Iron Maiden
Deadpool
X-men
Jack bot
World Cup Soccer
Medieval Madness
Congo
Attack from Mars
Twilight Zone
Scared Stiff
Dracula
Creature
Dialed In
Guns n Roses
Tales from the Crypt
Tron
Star Wars (Stern)
Mustang
The Walking Dead
Corvette
Wheel of Fortune
Demolition Man

Solid State:

Fathom
Fireball Classic
Time Fantasy
Eight Ball Deluxe
TX Sector
Laser Ball
Total Nuclear Annihilation
6 Million Dollar Man
Eight Ball Champ
Blackout
Stars
Mata Hari

Electromechanical:

Card Whiz
Dragon
Whoa Nellie
On Beam
Liberty Belle
Jumping Jack
Spirit of ‘76
Bronco
Golden Arrow
Gay ‘90’s
Teacher’s Pet

Also, Cactus Jack’s will be conducting a Black Knight SoR Launch Tournament concurrently on Saturday the 4th. There will be an additional qualifying period Friday evening for those early arrivals.

3 Likes

Did my order for beautiful weather and no tornado’s come through :slight_smile: Looking forward to coming and playing on some real nice games.

1 Like

Sadly, I cannot confirm :wink:
Scheduling big tournaments in Oklahoma during tornado season is probably not the smartest Idea.

Looking forward to having you!
:cactus::cactus::cactus::cactus::cactus:

In three years of attending, I’ve experienced:

• The tournament delayed for several hours due to widespread power outages (caused by a storm)
  • Driving through a fiery hellscape of wildfires that destroyed 300,000 acres
  • Being trapped driving home when all roads in Kansas were shutdown to westbound traffic (ice storm)

TL;DR Allow for weather events :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Black Knight approves!

5 Likes

“GIVE ME YOUR TROPHY!”

2 Likes

Hands off! You have enough pinball trophies you hoarder.

Alveolus - Sorry for the dumb question but I don’t recall. Do I need to bring quarters for the games? For some reason I was thinking some were freeplay and some were pay per play but I just couldn’t remember.

2 Likes

If it’s the same as prior years, all the regular CJ pins are on coin drop. The classics that are contributed by collectors are on free play. CJ front desk sells rolls of quarters.

1 Like

Colin is correct.

There are coin machines and rolls of quarters available at the desk

Since all the entry fees are returned to the players, the coin drop serves as the facility fee.