Cactus Jack's Silverball Showdown 2019

A Stern Pro Circuit Event!

The Cactus Jack’s Silverball Showdown is a three day match play competition based on the Pinburgh format, with no players eliminated until Sunday. The tournament is open to players of all skill levels. All players compete in groups on Friday, with the quality of their play determining whether they go to A or B Division for Saturday. All players compete in groups on Saturday within their division, with the quality of their play determining whether they advance to finals. Qualifiers compete for the division prizes on Sunday, while everyone else plays in a consolation group knockout tournament. In addition to trophies and prize money, players will be competing for qualifying points for the Stern Pro Circuit.

All competitors must preregister here: http://papa.org/competitions/papa-tournament-circuit/cactus-jacks/
Spots are limited, so don’t hesitate!

EDIT: Registration has closed.
SternProCircuitSmall

4 Likes

Awesome! Should we get a confirmation email letting us know that we are in?

1 Like

I got redirected to another page with no indication of having signed up for anything. :confused:

1 Like

I think that is normal. Maybe @MHS could kindly improve the lack of feedback with the next iteration.

Josh, Ryan you are both confirmed. I’m happy to confirm anyone else who is concerned. Just shoot me a pm.

3 Likes

Registered! (I think)

Can’t wait. Hopefully no tornadoes this year :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Hmm, a 14 hour drive…
Maybe.

1 Like

Registered!

2 Likes

Look out OKC Kat and I are registered. We might be there as early as the 8th if anyone is planning on knocking balls around. Planning on going to the Thunder game on the 11th.

3 Likes

Registered! My favorite event of the year.

2 Likes

Are there still spots left? I gotta decide how I’ll spend that weekend.
What time have finals wrapped up previously?
Thanks!

Yes, I still have a couple spots or so left. Finals on Sunday typically wrap around 6 to 7 PM.

Thanks! I may not go because airfare was more than I thought it would be. Probably would have been cheaper a month or so ago, bummer.

I have closed the registration process as we have reached capacity. I have sent emails to everyone registered that I have not otherwise confirmed directly. If you have not been contacted and believe that you registered, please contact me.

Also, if you did not register and would like to attend, please contact me and I will add your name to the wait list.

Again, if you are registered and cannot attend, please let me know so that I can open a spot on the waitlist.

Shawn

1 Like

Since closing the registration, I have had a few people withdraw. If you would like to claim one of the spots please contact me via pm.

Where are people staying? It’d be good to find a room in same hotel and share Ubers.

@alveolus
Do you have a tentative game list you plan on using in the various banks of pins for the tourney? (including known classic pins from collectors that wouldn’t be listed on CJ’s pin list on pinballmap.com)

1 Like

I’m still in the process of evaluating potential machines, but here is my working list so far.

Please note that some of these will change.

Modern
AC/DC
Kiss
Met
Aerosmith
IM
GB
Star Wars
DM
WCS
MM
MB
AF
CFTBL
BSD
SS
TZ
AFM
Congo
Tron
Mustang
TWD
BBH
Avengers
Jackbot
WoF
Corvette
FT
Dialed In
Iron Maiden???

Solid State
TNA
Fathom
Stars
Fireball Classic
Time Fantasy
EBD
Gorgar
Paragon
Mystic
BH
Magic Castle
Harlem Globetrotters
TX Sector
Cybernuaut

EM
Outer Space
Card Whiz
Dragon
Whoa Nellie
Snow Derby
Big Valley
Bow and Arrow
North Star
Atlantis
Target Alpha
Liberty Belle
Teachers Pet

B Division/alternates

Star Trek NG
Spider-man
Party Zone
Star Trek
Pirates of the Carribean
Game of Thrones
Whitewater
Terminator 2
Avengers
Cactus Jack’s
High Speed
Laser Ball
Gold Wings
Spanish Eyes

Last updated: 4/10

3 Likes

I’m not super hip to all the abbreviations, is TW The Walking Dead? Is BBh Big Buck Hunter? Is BH Black Hole (I hope not. This game crushes my will to live.)?

Laziness AND typos! Sorry for that.

Yes to all three.

1 Like

Any chance any spots opened up? Thinking about trying to come if it wont cause a divorce situation at home…