Batman 66 Rulesheet

I’d say more so about putting on your big boy pants and going all in when you have 3X + 6XPhone + TutX + Freeze. #B66YOLO

5 Likes

Has anyone run into a bug where in one of the Mad Hatter modes if you hit the scoop at the right time during an animation, the game goes into ball search before the animation finishes and it kicks the ball out of the scoop?

I’ve had it happen a few times, but I can’t put my finger on reproducing it. I think it’s when the left orbit is lit for both a Mystery and a Mad Hatter shot.

Anyone have any idea what the “jackpot value” is on the instant info screen shown below the combos? It seems to go up with each combo and resets each ball, but doesn’t seem to be collect-able in any way I can see… paging @sir_tankalot

2 Likes

If virtual locks are on, can you still use a gadget to lock a ball?

The jackpot value you’re talking about seems to be tied to the spinner. I’m pretty sure it’s awarded after hitting the spinner when it’s lit by the inlanes. I’m really hoping to see the spinner do more in a future update.

Hmmm that seems to be its own mysterious “jackpot” in which shots to the spinner while it’s lit build the value and it appears to collect the value when you hit the target behind the spinner (when the spinner is lit). Very odd rule since you can’t really build it too high without accidentally collecting it.

It also seems to be completely unrelated to the much larger jackpot value you see in the status report that seems to grow with each combo. That still remains a mystery …

Oh, I totally thought those were tied together. Darn.

There are definitely some unfinished areas of this game still, like the placeholder single shot on the catwoman episode 2 second stage. Some of the other alternate episodes could use some more work too.
Not a biggie but there’s also 4 or 5 tilt callouts hidden in the code that I’ve heard naturally trigger twice in two years. At least pinball browser can help with that if you overlay the sample you want over the tilt noise.

Anyone have a scoring breakdown for Villain Escape?

I had a great stack with BW/Freeze/Tutx4/PFx3 and good shot-x.
I started VE, then a TV mode and completed it to qualify, then start TV-WM Gas Attack during stage-1.

At the end, after a couple of huge VE SJPs (Gadgets come in handy), VE total was 48B. Im not sure how to improve on that. Is there a better strategy?

Hi,
This is exactly the good strategy for huge scores. But, I think Gaz Attack is not the appropriate minor vilain to start during vilain escape phase one, too dangerous because you need to shoot the TV. The goal is to play your minor vilain wizard mode the longest time possible to maximize vilain escape jackpots. I managed to get a 251B vilain escape on my stream : https://youtu.be/I7pv7DQdraQ

Wow, awesome! You are correct about Gas attack not being the best choice. If I can get it setup again Ill try the Holy one.

It looks like the points are with the later SJPs on VE. probably because it takes more shots to light and each shot adds to the value. Plus, it looks like you had shot x on the ramps, which made those worth big points since you had to hit them multiple times to light the SJP.

I have read that some people dont like the BW/Freeze stack rule, but I think its difficult to get it all setup and then actually cash in. You stream is a great example, thanks for sharing!

Dumb question but oh well, in the mystery section, can someone clarify hold bonus and hold bonus multiplier to me? Is this just for the ball, til the next ball or the whole game? I guess I haven’t been paying enough attention during the bonus screen.

It should hold it for the next ball.

Discovered something new today. I dont see it in the rule sheet/strategy, but maybe its in this thread somewhere else.

If you stack a TV Wizard MB with VE and multi-drain all balls, Phase 2 of VE starts as normal…but the TV Wizard MB ALSO continues. So you can effectively keep the stack going throughout BOTH stages of VE!

1 Like

I recently had this game in my house for a couple months and while overall the code is great, there were a couple little things that kind of bugged me. If there is ever another code update it would be nice to address these.

When starting multi-ball it always takes a good 3 seconds or so for the turntable to cycle positions and release the balls. During that time all of the timers keep running (unless of course you have the freeze award). It feels like since the player can’t do anything about this mechanical delay the timers should pause until another switch is hit.

Also when you drain right when a mode-related video clip was being started, it would lock out your ability to cancel the video clip with the flipper buttons. Not a big deal, but slightly annoying when you just want to get on with things after a drain. I don’t mind the clips playing in the background while playing, but when they are delaying the game I usually cancel them (at least after I’ve seen them a couple times already). I feel like the ability to cancel the video clip shouldn’t be taken away while one is running or being started.

Also a question for fun - what is the maximum total multiplier that can be applied to a single shot in this game?

I can see how you can get a 900X shot!

(You may need Bookworm and Mr Freeze completed to make it anywhere near viable)
Place the 5th CGT shot multiplier on Penguin - 6X
Repeat playing Tut until it maxes - 5X
Playfield multiplier from Bat Turn - 3X
Start Penguin and make the Bat Pole sequence - 2X
Hit the SJP for 4th level of Penguin - 5X

Does hitting a shot from a combo double the score?

The Bat Pole sequence only adds a +1x to the villain scoring; its not an extra multiplied 2x. That would indeed make a villain 4th level super jackpot a 5x, but not a 10x. And also for Tut, you need to remember to change your TV channel to the villain mode to take advantage of its 5x. So, 450x. (Or you could install 0.99 code and make it 750x with the 5x PF :slight_smile:)

And there’s no combo multipliers.

1 Like

450x is what I was coming up with in my head too, almost hard to believe that’s possible even with seeing the crazy shot values popping up sometimes (hence looking for some confirmation).

If some old EMs were considered a luck box, then modern games like this are a math box.

1 Like

I’d been after a BM66 for sometime, when I was able to get one on loan from an arcade shut due to Covid lockdown I was so excited.
However I found that it became a point that if you didn’t get Bookworm and Freeze on 1st ball your scoring opportunities were screwed, having the playfield multipliers, and hurry ups, and minor villain modes frozen forever along with the multipliers from Tut just made the game unenjoyable for me, and I only kept it a week before returning it.

My favourite implementation however was changing the TV screen to focus on a particular mode by using the action button, with or without the multiplying effect.
I wish this was used more often in other games it would make seeing which shots you had to make for a particular mode stand out more.