Batman 66 official. Two LCD screen and new toys.

Here is the flyer for the new Stern Batman 66 Pinball.
Need photos of the game still but it is looking very promising so far.

2 Likes

ā€˜super leā€™ games?

why does the flyer read like a cheat-sheet? :slight_smile:

ā€œPurchase by invitation onlyā€ WTF does that even mean? Like are they just putting it on there to make everyone else feel like garbage?

3 Likes

Stern must be thinking they can act like boutique/exotic car manufacturers nowā€¦

And yet we can see the wave of people tripping over each other to throw money at Stern.

And then the resulting backlash when the game arrives with a spec on the playfield because someone in assembly sneezed screwing in a post.

4 Likes

perhaps theyā€™re reserved for entities that would make them available to the public? barcades, museums,etc.

I love this theme a lot! Iā€™m pretty excited about it. The 30 SLEā€™s is strange but hey, if they can make more money and the market bares it more power to them.

1 Like

or maybe this is the first perk of Stern Army membership? (not a free machine obviously, but the invitation to buy one)

If so wouldnā€™t you want to advertise that, such that you would entice more people to join Stern Army?

Plenty of time between now and whenever they want to sell these SLEā€™s, isnā€™t there? Maybe they will be the last of the production run. I havenā€™t seen many details about what ā€œperksā€ you get from the Stern army yet.

Iā€™m feeling like there could be some wweLE perks in hereā€¦ As in ā€œbuy itā€¦please!ā€

Great theme. It will be interesting to see what Stern do with the ā€œtwo LCDā€™sā€?

1 Like

Well one is the new DMD. Think TBL.

The other seems to be like the one in the playfield of full throttle.

I would guess that the second lcd is more like the one in The Hobbit

2 Likes

It says right there on the flyer. One lcd replaces the dmd, another interactive lcd on the playfield. This announcement is so far out of left field, Iā€™m very surprised by the theme. But if it ends up like BDK on steroids it could be very good!

2 Likes

Nah, @heyrocker. It is just an anniversary celebration offer for business partners, friends and maybe employees. I guess. Which is fine.

Super excited to see how the LCDā€™s are utilised. Will the one in the backbox be standard size (like Spooky), oversize (like Dutch) or full translite (like JJP). And will it be dot styled. What is it? What is it?

I always thought the dot display looked suspiciously too short on the redesigned Stern backbox. Where it is also not centered vertically. Soā€¦? 30% higher LCD?

Super bad timing, though. With the playfield ā€œpeelingā€ issues (because, ā€œghostingā€ is something else!!).

It says on the playfield, not in the playfield. A few people seem to be misreading that, and Iā€™d be very surprised to see an in playfield display!

1 Like

The BF re-release Iā€™ve been dreaming about for years!

If so then why put it on the flier other than to shove it in peopleā€™s faces that they arenā€™t cool enough to get one? The flier is a sales and marketing device. There is zero reason to put something you canā€™t actually buy on it, other than to a) make you feel super special if you get the invite or b) you you feel super un-special if you donā€™t. I mean, I guess that it also makes people aware that these exist so that a frenzy is created in the after-market, but what does Stern care about the after-market? They donā€™t see any money from that. I still donā€™t get it.

3 Likes

According to what I heard on the latest Buffalo Pinball podcast, this was probably only intended to go to distributors.