2022 Events - Dates and Links

Not quite a pinball show, but many people here attend it - - IAAPA just pulled the plug on their November convention in Orlando. A bunch of people double that up with FPF most years.

2 Likes

FPF posted the following this morning: ā€œRather than simply to cancel or postpone the event however, the all volunteer staff of Byte Amusement, Inc is very happy to announce that they are putting together a series of smaller and more intimate ā€œPop Upā€ experiences for fans of the event across Florida.ā€

No idea what this means for the pinball tournament yet.

2 Likes

Pinfest 2021 (Allentown) - From Ivan - May has already been scrapped. I have the last week of July and first week of August available. Iā€™m leaning towards July. Stay tuned.

1 Like

The Ohio Pin Brew Fest seems to missing from the calendar of events. It is April 8-10th.

Updated SFGE to August 20-22

UK Pinfest is on for the end of August 27th-29th, in Daventry, UK with at least a classics and main tournament!

www.ukpinfest.com

4 Likes

It is with a heavy heart that I am announcing that YEGPIN: 2021 Pinball and Arcade Expo is officially cancelled. In the past, the three day show attracts over 1500 pinball and arcade enthusiasts and is home to the Stern Circuit Event - YEGPIN: Canadian Pinball Championships. We just do not have enough time nor know if the restrictions will even allow us to pull off a quality show to our standards. However, the good news is that we are already in the thick of planning for YEGPIN: 2022 Pinball and Arcade Expo and will have an announcement shortly on the new summer dates, new tournament format, and expansion of this already incredible show. Stay tuned for a major announcement in the coming weeks.

5 Likes

another big miss, letā€™s just skip to 2022 already!

YEGPIN: 2022 Pinball and Arcade Expo is officially scheduled for July 21 ā€“ 24, 2022 at Millennium Place in Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada. The website should be updated in the next month or so.

www.yegpin.com

4 Likes

Pintastic New England is the full-featured pinball show for the Northeastern US and Eastern Canada, located in Sturbridge, Massachusetts. This expo is 30,000 square feet of fun for the whole family. The kids can have never-ending excitement with a caricature artist, friendly clowns & balloon animals. The adults can bring out their inner child with over 150 pinball machines set on free play, all while enjoying an ice-cold craft beer. The event has Seminars, Special Guests, Manufacturers, Vendors, and Tournaments, plus lots of games on free play!

Our next show will be November 18-21, 2021, if the public health situation is favorable.
The location is the Sturbridge Host Hotel in Sturbridge, MA. Thatā€™s where we were for the 2015-19 shows, but it is under new ownership and renovations are in progress.

Our website is https://pintasticnewengland.com/

Tournament player points will be determined by the IFPA. The Silverball Rumble, Silverbelle Brawl, and teen tournaments are definitely on, points or no points. Other tournaments will be announced later.
ā€¦David Marston

Unfortunately, the 2021 Northwest Pinball Championships (NWPC) have been cancelled due to the Covid-19 situation.

Due to the impact to the eventā€™s organization and the remaining uncertainties posing risk for running an event of quality by September, the NWPC team (@cayle, Eden, @raydaypinball, @dbs) has made the difficult decision to cancel the 2021 event. We are looking forward to the recovery of the pinball scene to enable us to run a full event in 2022.

In the meantime, please stay safe and continue to take all precautions necessary to protect your family, friends, and the pinball community.

Triple Flip Tournaments at District 82 Pinball June 18th & 19th. June 19th is full at 95 max people. Friday tournament still has some spots open.
https://www.district82.com

I will be streaming all Tournaments on Twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/foxcitiespinball

You can see past broadcasts from this year on my YouTube channel.

3 Likes

Free Play Florida is ON for Nov. 19-21 at the usual Caribe Royal Resort location in Orlando. I updated the list at the top of the thread accordingly. Rooms and tickets are now available.

https://www.freeplayflorida.com

Another tourney/event that is ON for this year is the Space City Pinball Open at the Houston Arcade Expo from Nov. 12-14. @spraynard, @lizzyd, and their fellow SCP crew put on a great set of tourneys.
Tourney details are still being finalized.

3 Likes

Hey all, we just posted an announcement about the PinFest 2021 tournament on our site:

This announcement is to share that the crew that normally runs the PinFest IFPA Tournament in Allentown, PA have decided to not run the tournament in 2021. In 2018 and 2019 we were proud to be part of the Stern Pro Circuit. COVID unfortunately saw the cancellation of the 2020 PinFest event, and at this time both IFPA and Stern Pro Circuit sanctioning is still suspended.

Fortunately the situation across Pennsylvania and the US continues to improve, and the PinFest show for 2021 is on and slated for July 30 and 31. We are excited to see the show return.

The United Federation of Competitive Pinball have announced that they will be running a tournament at PinFest in Allentown in 2021. Those of us who were involved in the tournament in the past have no association with this yearā€™s tournament and we wish them the best of luck.

We plan on bringing back an IFPA-sanctioned tournament at PinFest 2022 and once again be a participant in the Stern Pro Circuit.

We are excited for the imminent return of competitive pinball, and look forward to seeing everyone at a competition soon.

5 Likes

@BMU: do you have details on the FPF tourneys? What days theyā€™re happeningā€¦ formatā€¦ whoā€™s running them, etc?

1 Like

No details; their site just says itā€™s a WIP. Iā€™ll let the folks here know if I hear anything, but I suspect whomever runs anything there this year might post it directly first. The show schedule isnā€™t posted yet, either, but you can book a room (I did) or buy tickets.

1 Like

Exciting to see seem of these events coming back this year! Booking all I can!

Anybody know the room rate discount code for Pinball Expo? The pinballexpo.com site is down

I saw a detailed breakdown of the Chicago Expo tournaments a few days ago and now I canā€™t find it. I think it was on FB but I have no idea at this point. Just want to know what Iā€™m at risk of missing if I do the Stern factory tour on Thursday.