2022 Events - Dates and Links

Pinball at the Lab (formerly Lake) Sep. 24-25th, Riverside, CA. Courtesy of Jim and Karl. Added above.

1 Like

SFGE 2022 pinball tournaments page has been updated with specific details about preregistration: Pinball Tournaments - Southern-Fried Gaming Expo | July 15-17, 2022

Preregistration opens tomorrow (7/14/2022) at noon eastern; link and more details are on that main SFGE tournaments page.

Did ifpa17 ever get streamed? Cant find the replay anywhere.

It did. On the Pinball Asylum channel. They — or he… it might only be Vince — haven’t had the time yet to do the processing and uploading to YouTube, from the last I heard.

Thanks. I missed this one live so eagerly await the replay.

Details for Space City Open/Houston Arcade Expo are now posted. Registration goes live on September 18 at 11AM Central

That’s an amazing banner! I want a shirt of it! And/or a poster!

It’s awesome, right?

We’ll have t-shirts and posters available for pre-order once ticket sales open. But we are only doing pickup at the show, so either attend (you totally should!) or have someone pick it up for you.

1 Like

Where can I find info about the tournament formats and tournament schedule for Freeplay Florida this year? Not seeing anything on https://www.freeplayflorida.com/

Prayers to all those in the path of IAN.

Free Play Florida and The Pinball Lounge are proud to present the Free Play Florida Pinball Championship 2022!

After a successful 2021 tournament, The Free Play Florida Pinball Championship 2022 is returning to the Caribe Royale Resort in beautiful Orlando Florida. Three days of tournament action (November 18th - November 20th 2022) will occur in a spacious PRIVATE tournament room. Qualifying for The Main, Women’s and Classics tournaments begins at noon on Friday November 18th. The Free Play Florida show entry (wristband or badge) is required for all tournament players. Early tournament competitors will need to get their show credentials once the show officially opens at 4pm Friday.

The Free Play Florida Pinball Championship 2022 will consist of FIVE IFPA sanctioned tournaments:

Main Open Tournament (expected to be a CERTIFIED IFPA tournament)

Classics Tournament  (expected to be a CERTIFIED IFPA tournament)

Women's Open Tournament

Classics Three Strikes Tournament (Limited to 32 players)

Restricted Three Strikes Tournament (Limited to 32 players with an IFPA rank above 1000)

Check out the full breakdown of each tournament below:

Main Tournament: November 18th 2022 - November 20th 2022

Qualifying:

Format: Herb Style – Best scores on 6 machines (11 machines present)

Entry Pricing: 1 entry for $5, 3 entries for $10, and 7 entries for $20

Times: Friday 12:00pm to midnight
Saturday 10:00am to midnight

Score system: 100-98-96-95, 94 to 0

Determining number of finalists:
• Tier 1 - Up to 79 total players: Top 16 qualified A division players with the next 8 players in B Division. NO BYES!
• Tier 2 - 80 or more total players: Top 24 qualified A division players with the next 16 players in B Division.

NOTE: A Division will have a single bye for the top ranked 8 players. B Division will still have NO byes.

Finals:

Time: Sunday 9 am

Format:

• Group play for both A & B divisions
  • Highest seed in each group has choice of game or position to start the round.
  • All subsequent matches in the round will be determined in reverse finishing order of previous match (i.e., last place chooses first).
  • 3 machines for each round
  • 2 highest finishers advance to next round

Point System: 3-2-1-0

Classics Tournament: November 18th 2022 - November 19th 2022

Qualifying:

Format: Herb Style – Best scores on 4 machines (7 machines present)

Saturday 10:00am to 6pm.

Number of Finalists: 16 qualified players

Finals:

Time: Saturday 7 pm

Format:

• Group play
  • All subsequent matches in the round will be determined in reverse finishing order of previous match (i.e., last place chooses first).
  • NO BYES!

Womens Tournament: November 18th 2021 - November 19h 2021

Qualifying:

Format: Herb Style – Best scores on 4 machines (6 machines present)

Saturday 10:00am to 4pm.

Number of Finalists: 8 qualified players

Finals:

Time: Saturday 4:30 pm

Format:

• Group play
  • NO BYES!

Classics Three Strikes Tournament: November 20th 2022

Format: Group Knockout
32 player maximum (Signups start at 9:00am on Sunday…first come, first serve)
4 person groups - 3rd and 4th place finishers get a strike
3 person groups - 3rd place finisher gets a strike

Entry Pricing: $20

Time: Sunday 9:30am

Restricted Three Strikes Tournament (Limited to 32 players with an IFPA rank above 1000): November 20th 2022

Format: Group Knockout
32 player maximum (Signups start at 11:00am on Sunday…first come, first serve)
4 person groups - 3rd and 4th place finishers get a strike
3 person groups - 3rd place finisher gets a strike

Entry Pricing: $20

Time: Sunday approximately 2:00pm (will start shortly after Classics Three Strikes concludes)

Tickets!

Resort Room!

You need to change the Classics format if you want it to be Certified. You need a minimum of 5 “meaningful games” in qualifying, so you’d have to count at least the best 5 scores across the 7 machines, not just 4. I had to advise the folks at Cle-Pin of this as well; they made the change and got certified. The rest of your format is fine - you meet the 20 hour, 16+ player finals and finals format rules.

Do they meet the final format rules though? Never seen where the loser of game 1 gets to choose GAME 2. Ever.

This is allowed.

oh yeah? I thought i saw that before, 4th place get top priority in choice next round. Doesn’t make the top seed advantage as good. i know it’s rough for the usual top players bus drivers :wink:

I think it still work next year as well, as i believe games are still chosen by players @pinwizj?

Bob is right there, easy change to make really is you want that 20% bump-

What time zone is the tournament being held in? :slight_smile:

(this is fine)

2 Likes

Back again for the more normal December time:

90s division aka “the real classics”. :wink:

Oh and I guess come out for Old Chicago*** Action in Classics (“Artifacts”) division!

*** Old Chicago may or may not be in the Classics bank.

Are these expected to be certified?

Unlikely; need 64+ rated players, last year we only had 37. Would need a lot more local interest or out of towners.

They can still run formats that check all the other boxes and have the certification status contingent on meeting attendance, correct? That is why I ask.