2022 Events - Dates and Links

Added info for NYC Pinball Championships

3 Likes

i was wondering about that :slight_smile: so dates confirm and a location in Brooklyn this year?

Triple Flip Open June 4th-5th at District 82 Pinball in DePere WI
Registration starts at 9am CT this Saturday March 19th.
Limited to 125 Players

1 Like

13 Likes

WIPPRS

DE is going to have a record year. They’ll probably award close to 1000 wpprs this year.

1 Like

Wisconsin is the new Portland

Maybe change the city name from De Pere to De Whopper.

We are trying to get wppr capital of the world but not quite sure we can claim that title yet

i can assume their state prize pool will be juicy too :smiley:

1 Like

I anticipate an Illinois invasion this year which with that field, I won’t blame anyone coming up to compete.

1 Like

Wisconsin has approx 1,500 players that have competed thus far this year. This metric is Not unique players.

Washington has around 1,300
California has over 1,800 thus far.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/series/nacs/2022/standings.php

It looks like each state’s current SCS prize pool value includes its carry-over from the truncated ‘20 season.

1 Like

Washington has had 80 events!!! We gotta step things up.

That’s almost 1 per day.

nearly the same pot value but with twice the event. unfortunately too many events up in Seattle spread the player base and make it very difficult to have large ones.

1 Like

There’s a guy named Chris Chinn, and another named John Robinson who I’m pretty sure both had years with over 150 events. That’s an average of 3 events per week for a whole year!

3 Likes

*De Whoppere

1 Like

Any word on Flippers OBX fall bash? Need to take PTO for it soon.

Golden State Pinball Festival has a Stern Pro Circuit event this year, May 13-15 in Lodi, CA. We are also hosting a Friday Target Match-play event and a Women’s tournament on Saturday.

We currently need volunteers, so if you are planning attend, please consider signing up for a shift! You get an additional 5 entries for free if you sign up for one or more shifts.

https://www.goldenstatepinball.org/tournament/

3 Likes

**** UPDATED ****

This years UK Pinball Open, UK Classic and other tournaments will take place at The Hilton London Croydon Hotel of the 29th, 30th September and 1st , 2nd October. Nearest Airport is Gatwick then Heathrow, Direct Train from London St Pancreas (Eurostar Terminal) to East Croydon. UK Pinball Open has a guaranteed first prize of at least £3500.

1 IFPA Certified Tournaments (Hopefully 2! :))

2 Classics Tournaments

1 Ladies Tournament

1 U16 Tournament

We will use DTM to run the tournament.

This will be the schedule of Tournaments:

Main bank will be 18-20 games

Classics Bank will be 18-20 Games - we will rotate some games between the two classics competitions.

Ladies and Youth Bank will be 6 games.

Peoples Bank - we are asking you to bring your game to the event, first 20 applicants will receive Free entry to the event and tournaments - More to follow on this.

• Friday 30th September - 10:00 UK Pinball Classic - Classic I - card format qualifying closes at 16:30 - 17:00 Group Elimination Matchplay Final top 32. 3 games per round
  • Friday 30th September - 11:00 UK Pinball Open - Main Tournament Bank opens - Card format. Qualifying closes at 23:30
  • Friday 30th September - 14:00 Peoples Bank Tournament Sponsored by London Pinball Opens - Card format. Qualifying closes at 23:30
  • Friday 30th September - 11:00 Women’s Qualifying bank opens Card Format.
  • Saturday 1st October - 09:00 UK Pinball Open - Qualifying continues and ends at 0:00
  • Saturday 1st October - 09:00 Women’s Finals. (Group Elimination Matchplay) Followed by U16 Youth Tournament,
  • Saturday 1st October - 09:30 Pinballnews Cup - Classics II - card format qualifying closes at 16:30 - 17:00 Group Elimination Matchplay Final top 32 - 3 games per round.
  • Sunday 2nd October - 08:00 Round 1 Matchplay Finals A Group top 40 players, 3 games per round. Note Round 1 starting time!
  • Sunday 2nd October - 09:00 Round 1 Matchplay Finals B Group > IFPA 250 only Top 16 from position 41-56 in main results bank - 3 games per round. - (Note B final is for trophy/prizemoney not overall tournament position).
  • Sunday 2nd October - 17:30 People Bank Finals - Group Elimination matchplay top 16 - 3 games per round. Finish 22:00

Format will be card based unlimited qualifying.

We are basically following the INDISC format and rules with the exception of 3 games per card on Classics, women and as per INDISC 5 games per card on Peoples and Main. We will be streaming, your entry to the competition agrees your permission for us to stream you :slight_smile:

Registration opens Saturday 12:00(UTC+1) on Eventbrite - Please note registration is heavily incentivised for early registration, it gets very expensive if you leave it late (thanks to NYCPC for the inspiration!). If you have any questions on this please let me know. The reason for this is to ensure that we have a good number of entrants and we have a viable event! Refunds are available -costs until a month before the event. After that there will be no refunds.

If you are planning to bring a game please buy a ticket and we will refund you on the day. Please confirm here on what you are planning to bring and please don’t bring a game that’s hosed!

If you are a vendor or you want a booth we will be happy to offer these at a very cheap rate (i.e. pretty much nothing) contact me If you are interested. If you wish to be a sponsor contact me also. We will also be looking for volunteers for scorekeeping and other duties, this will give you free entries and access to the special volunteers only qualifying session on Saturday morning (8am!)

Hotel: We will share the link to the Hilton shortly but there are other cheaper hotels in the area, notably the Aerodrome which is filling up quickly.

Registration opens Saturday 12:00 (UTC+1).

UK Open Eventbrite Registration

8 Likes