2018 WPPR idea: Snow multiplier

Shouldn’t it be held on a snow day for the sake of consistency?

3 Likes

I thought about that but realized that that event would then need the snow bonus applied to the snow championship series, which could get messy all things considered.

2 Likes

I think that was the only time I have willingly shoveled my driveway. But I was getting there at any cost.

1 Like

I’m very happy you did. Many thanks for the hospitality.

I swear there was a year we canceled Cupids And Canines because of snow. Or maybe we were going to but we heard of people diligently making their way? It’s all blurred in my mind.

1 Like

That was the year it was canceled but you guys still opened up for the few of us that made the trip.

1 Like

Ah, that was it! I didn’t make it out because my car was resting at the bottom of a steep hill, snuggled up against a telephone pole, and AAA couldn’t get it out because there was too much snow.

I was the first to arrive in 2010. No power at most of the area hotels. The Hendrick’s were very kind to offer me up a spot to stay for the night. Think a total of 10-15 actually made it to the facility. Pic of me at the facility before the parking area got plowed out. Made it there from MI. in my S-10 pickup (2 Wheel Drive).

Anyone concerned about their state finals this weekend?

With just a 2 hour drive I expected to get there and back in the same day, but with this storm coming I booked a hotel Friday and Saturday near the venue just to be safe.

Alternates are standing by! Right @Zeus?

1 Like

Our forecast is calling for ~20" of snow Saturday night through the end of Sunday. But it shouldn’t be starting until right about when we’re wrapping things up late Saturday afternoon. Fingers crossed, we won’t be affected.

I’m leaving for Werdrick’s house tonight just to be safe :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m willing to trudge in the snow to Kickback if the model that says we’re a bit colder wins out. I’m not letting a mediocre storm stop me from that trophy/cash/juicy WPPRage.

The Pinball Gods want me to play so bad that they sent a storm. It sounds like I have them on my side!

I feel like this rule would be unfair to those of us with enough sense to live in habitable climates.

The Colorado coalition agrees with the op.

This will also help to keep the CA and TX players out of CO events…

Heeee-heee!