2018 WPPR idea: Snow multiplier

Yup! That’s the one. I met quite a few people that day. The things we do for pinball. :grinning:
:blue_car::wind_blowing_face::cloud::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::grimacing::clock1::clock2::clock3::clock4::clock5::clock6::clock7::clock8::clock9::clock10::clock11::clock12: :flag_white::flag_white::flag_white:

5 Likes

@jrb & @gammagoat…here’s the picture of the sword that fell (and stuck) in my arm. Quick tight wrap…went on to win LOPL playoff. 8 hours later (after a baseball game), took off the wrap…gush. Stitches time.

Contact Pinball, baby!

8 Likes

Maybe this idea but deduct like 85% of WPPR points if the players live in a city with a robust public transportation system that does a really good job connecting at least 4 of the 5 boroughs in that city so they’re forced to leave the crib and actually play other pinball players or something. I dunno

im not mad

4 Likes

The California delegation fully supports this effort.

I was so close to getting stuck myself a couple times! I forget where but I still remember just barely being able to keep the momentum going up a hill on the interstate. Then finally making it to the Extended Stay only to find out it had no power, lol.

I had my wife with me as well, she and I have different interpretations of the awesomeness of that trip :smiley:

4 Likes

At least I’ve seen you outside Modern, Lucas.

4 Likes

Maybe there should be a 50% reduction for single dudes who can travel on a whim. :wink:

In the immortal words of Ice-T: “Don’t hate the player, hate the game.”

2 Likes

When Modern finally gets nerfed I’m gonna miss these spirited conversations more than the pinball points!

I played in a tournament in Michigan over the holiday and the td put me in the ifpa as first time competitor ‘Matthew Carlson MI’ because I think she could not comprehend how I could possibly be THE Matthew Carlson, apparent master of pinball.

1 Like

I could do none of the travel I do for pinball all year otherwise and take the train to Modern every Wednesday and Sunday instead and I would be a higher ranked pinball player than I currently am. There are a few reasons why I don’t do that.

You can email ifpapinball@gmail.com to get this result combined with your profile.

2 Likes

How is this topic still going??

1 Like

It is just awesome brainstorming pindamonium so far. Probably will spawn some kind of WHY-FPA multiverse situation, a real web 4.0 joint!

Being highly ranked is way over ranked.
d;^)

That dude from BNL should write a song about the Fast Train to Modern. It could be bigger than Pinball Wizard. Better hurry though. Maybe the last train?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZcXpKiY2MXE

The Monkee’s is going to be Stern’s music pin for 2018, btw.

I figured it was pretty clear that this thread was all a joke and I was just having a little fun with ya. :wink: But maybe I wasn’t clear. I agree modern should be nerfed. It’s good that it get’s others into the competitive pinball, but the points are out of whack for the level of competition.

Having said that, if you look at the person you referenced above, he does go to other competitions: (PAPA, Pinburgh, Pintastic, Sanctum) it’s just that they don’t make his top points list used to compute the score. So you can’t really say he isn’t traveling, just that Modern’s Superleague is ‘too powerful’.

Anyway, back to talk about snow.

1 Like

Because it is not spring/summer yet. Then we can talk about the Heat multiplier

2 Likes

On Saturday I went to practice at the private location where OH finals are being held and had a harrowing 3 hour drive home in a snowstorm. Can I at least get 1.5x scoring?

2 Likes

The Texas delegation is in agreement with the California delegation…

The meaningless thread that will not die :slight_smile: I love it.

Imagine my surprise when I got a push notification of a winter snow storm warning in Banning! Of course it was an above 5000 ft warning, but still surprised.

I would be okay with this if the snow bonus was determined by how likely it was to snow at the location of the event. For example, a place like Pennsylvania would have a very low but frequently collected snow bonus, while here in central Texas I could maybe once get a massive snow bonus every few years. Of course, the snow bonus only adds to your best twenty events, and states with X number of snow days get to invite 24 players to an invite only tournament which must be held on a non snow day.

Since I posted the nonsense above, I actually had a earthquake go off while I was playing a few months ago. It wasn’t big, so I kept playing. Way more fun than the time I was sitting on the toilet when an earthquake happened.

On a serious note, I’ve lobbied in the past for tournaments that are held in public locations to get a slight bump in points. Still wish it would happen. Disappointing to see so many state champonships being held in private locations in areas where there are plenty of pins on location.

3 Likes