YEGPIN: 2022 Pinball and Arcade Expo - July 21 - 24, 2022

Have any tickets sold or is the site totally down?

A moose probably took down the entire Albertan internet system.

Dead as far as i can see.

i thought it only took 100 pinball players to crash Emondton internet :smiley:

Don’t be blaming the moose. Hardworking moose built this country dammit!

Maybe the truckers cut the international internet cable.

15 minutes rule… whats the plan @diehardpinball ? :slight_smile:

Yes, Germain needs to be able to defend his multiple Championships.

i just want to take a picture of the banner to tell my future grand kids! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FYI this was posted on RayDay’s Discord

3 Likes

thanks @kdeangelo appreciate the update here! I did not know @raydaypinball had a discord :smiley:

Uh oh, maybe he was trying to keep it a secret from you specifically?

Shamelessly stolen from TopRopePinball Robert Byer’s Facebook

And really should have been posted on the Yegpin FB page to make it official
@diehardpinball

2 Likes

Holy **** you guys due to the overwhelming popularity of YEGPIN Pinball and Arcade Expo our servers could not handle the traffic. We took extra precautions but obviously this was not enough, we have never had ticketing issues with this system before but again it is a new system and with all of the hype surrounding the tournaments I guess it wasn’t enough. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

Who knew the pinballers could be such troublemakers. We are addressing the issue with our provider and to be fair to everyone we are setting a new date for the ticket sales. That date will be announced very soon and we will give everyone able time to make time in their schedule to access the tickets.

Sorry for building up more anticipation but we want to make sure there is a fair chance for everyone to get an opportunity to purchase tickets for this event.

Lookout for the new date in the coming days. Good thing we have some time till the event.

5 Likes

Yes, I hear you I literally had 30 people ping me and was tying to be nice as I was writing up the communication which responding to people was delaying. Yes maybe a Canadian thing and should have ignored everyone and sent off the communication before and then address the pings.

Either way I shoulder the blame for this and very sorry like I said its not like we didn’t try to take the precautions but I do take full responsibility for the issues.

The root cause was not from the bandwidth it was actually the WordPress themes and plugins being a new site we had no idea this would cause the issues.

Again I feel really bad for everyone who was anticipating the ticket sales and once we address the issue we will announce another date for the ticket sales.

4 Likes

Looking forward to it! Thanks for what you do!

1 Like

YEGPIN Pinball and Arcade Expo tournament tickets will now be on sale once again on February 26, 2022 at noon MST.

For a quick link to the ticketing site please visit:
https://www.yegpin.com/event/yegpin-2022/

The event runs on July 21 - 24, 2022 at Millennium Place, Sherwood Park, Canada.

Tournament tickets on sale at noon MST are as follows:
o YEGPIN Match Play Championship
o YEGPIN Women’s Match Play Championship
o YEGPIN Pro Pinball Tournament

• All of these tickets are limited so please ensure you login at Noon MST to purchase your tickets if you want to play in these exclusive tournaments.
  • If the tickets do not show up immediately, make sure you hit F5 or refresh and they should be available.
  • You can also purchase a 4-day pass and a YEGPIN shirt online as well, these will be available until June 1, 2022, when it closes the only way to purchase will be at the event.

We appreciate those who have had patience with this process, we are a non-profit show, and all of the individuals that organize this show are volunteers and dedicate their free time to put this show on a yearly basis for everyone.

We understand this show has now become a major international destination for competitive players due to the awesome pinball tournaments we host each year. We appreciate all of the support, advice and understanding as we go through this complex ticketing process.

We have done everything we can to make our ticketing system optimized for the volumes of people that will be accessing the site. Our main concern is that all tickets can be processed in a timely and fair manner for everyone that wants access to them. The only way we really know if this is going to work is to turn on the switch and hope that we do not get the same website issues we had in the previous launch.

In the event this does not work (and there is a chance it may not), we will be forced to use our backup plan with Eventbrite. We have always had the ability to leverage this solution and have actually build out an event to be able to process the tickets on there. We have been hesitant to use this ticketing agent as the processing fees are unreal and those costs take away from delivering all of the things we want to do for the show. So we are trying all other avenues and use our Eventbrite event as a last resort.

Our mandate is to make every effort to make this show as affordable we can to the competitors, collectors and general public as we can, so we will give our internal ticketing system one more shot and hope that the changes we made work!

We should know within the first 10 minutes if this solution won’t work so please be patient, keep doing what you do F5 or whatever to get get tickets. We will launch a full communication on the cancellation of ticket sales much sooner then last time if we are finding major issues. If some tickets go through and we decide to cancel the launch they will be refunded just like in the previous failed launch. We are crossing our fingers that this won’t be the case but we always plan for the worst.

Good luck and can’t wait to see you all at the show!!!

3 Likes

i hear that’s a challenge to the community to try and take this down again? :smiley:

As the famous band Whitesnake once said “here we go again”.

YEGPIN Pinball and Arcade Expo tournament tickets will be on sale once again on February 26, 2022 at noon MST.

For a quick link to the ticketing site please visit: YEGPIN Pinball & Arcade Expo 2022 – YEGPIN Pinball & Arcade Expo

Please note there will be a cart system there once the clock strikes noon, it will, trust me on that!!!

The event runs on July 21 - 24, 2022 at Millennium Place, Sherwood Park, Canada.

Tournament tickets on sale are as follows:
o YEGPIN Match Play Championship - 300 max, Cost $150
o YEGPIN Women’s Match Play Championship - 64 max, Cost $50
o YEGPIN Pro Pinball Tournament - 80 max, Cost $50

• All of these tickets are limited and you are limited to 2 each item per transaction so please ensure you login at Noon MST to purchase your tickets if you want to play in these exclusive tournaments.
  • If the ticket page does not show up immediately, make sure you hit F5 or refresh and they should be available.
  • You can also purchase a 4-day pass and a YEGPIN shirt online as well, these will be available until June 1, 2022, when it closes the only way to purchase will be at the event.

We have had overwhelming support and demand for this event, so please make sure you login this Saturday if you want to participate in these events. I would hate for people to miss out on one of the biggest pinball tournaments on the planet.

Lets all hope the changes we made will allow everyone to get their tickets for the event. Our team will be monitoring the ticket processing closely and will advise if we have to stop the process so please ensure you are trying for tickets even if there is some system degradation.

Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favour.

1 Like