Will IFPA 17 (and pre-tournaments) count toward Florida's SCS?

Because they don’t want to participate - which is part of the definition. By becoming suppressed they chose to exclude themselves.

1 Like

I am mostly just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. However, I don’t see how it is different than running a tournament only for my pinball club. Anyone can join the club for free, but it is a member only tournament. We just collect your name and email address. As a member, you get access to our club webpage, but you will list you as a member. Oh, and we will sell your email address to our club sponsors.

2 Likes

But you don’t have to do qualifying to get in get and it not an tournament only for people who made the PLAYOFFS.

You can argue with the circuit / series rules, but they are clearly documented.
httpp://www.ifpapinball.com/menu/ranking-info/definitions/

• At least two different organizers or organizations must be involved in the circuit.
  • The number of events that occur at a single location must be proportional to the total number of events in the circuit, IE: if you run 10 events in a single location you need 10 other events in 10 other locations. (Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis in developing areas)
  • The IFPA will only sanction Circuit/Series finals on an annual basis.

When you submit your circuit of events to the calendar you would submit each individual event and tag each event with the circuit name. The circuit final calendar submission would need to include details about the format of the finals along with a website that has information on where to find the current circuit standings.

We feel that this will more accurately reflect a circuit of events and should increase the quality of events involved in any type of circuit.

1 Like