What's the new go to strat for Aerosmith since the SOSAD nerf?

What’s the new go to strat for Aerosmith since the SOSAD nerf?

Glass off results. First set of results and scores were done by completing all shots, and then timing out the mode where applicable. The second set of results and scores were done by hitting the first shot, followed by crank it up, then completing the mode and timing it out the mode where applicable. NOTE - no additional shots were taken once the flower was full.

Scores WITHOUT CIU:
Last Child - 9.2M
Walk This Way - 22,050,000
Same Ol Song - 56.5M
Sweet Emotion - 32.2M (NOTE - this mode required me to hit CIU)
Dude - 15M
Back in the Saddle - 17.7M
Rats in the Cellar - 19,525,000

Scores WITH CIU activated:
Last Child - 9.6M
Walk This Way - 18.8M
Same Ol Song - 20,650,000
Sweet Emotion - 32.2M (NOTE - this mode required me to hit CIU)
Dude - 5.7M
Back in the Saddle - 20M
Rats in the Cellar - 21,475,000

3 Likes

More like crank it down amirite

10 Likes

A few questions:

Walk This Way - were you continuing to hit alternate ramp shots or were you hitting lower-value other shots?

Dude - were you hitting only inlanes/left scoop to relight or were you hitting 20%-value other shots?

There’s modes where the scoring is penalized for “convenience shots” and/or the scoring shifts to another playfield element. I think these two in particular might be following the wrong path through.

Addendum to Walk This Way. One shot to start, then hit CIU which lights all the shots. I hit a total of 5 ramps for a score of 21.2M

For Dude, I redid the mode by shooting first start to start, then CIU, then finished the mode by doing 3 inlanes, hit the scoop, 3 more inlanes, and ended the mode by shooting the scoop for a score of 13.7M

1 Like

LOL. But from personal experience, Rats can be worth 100s of millions so this is clearly not telling the whole story.

2 Likes

Huh… I didn’t think the new SOSAD base mode was worth 56M. That’s a lot. My experience with the new SOSAD is it’s worth a lot less, but the post-mode-completion Super Targets are now much more lucrative. I guess I’m playing the base mode wrong.

Same as always: set up the perfect Rats + Toybox stack or die trying.

2 Likes