• Graphics: Roy Cernuda & Stephen Silver
  • Mechanical Engineering: TJ Weaver
  • Sound: Scott Danesi
  • Rules Advisors: Bowen Kerins & Colin MacAlpine
  • Content Advisors: Frank Serpas III & Will Beals
  • Release Date: April 2022
  • Wiki Rulesheet based on Code Rev: 1.0.0.0
    • Edit the Code revision, if applicable, when you make changes

Weird Al’s Museum of Natural Hilarity is the first licensed game released by Multimorphic, developers of the P3 pinball platform. The machine takes place in (what did you expect?) a museum full of odd exhibits and items based on Weird Al’s catalogue of parodies and original songs. Weird Al acts as the museum curator, guiding players through the ins and outs of this museum-turned-pinball machine as they try to complete all 10 modes in five exhibit halls.

Rules Overview:

• Shoot the shots corresponding to each exhibit hall, followed by the scoop behind the drop target, to start one of the two modes associated with the hall. Alternatively, complete the VIP standup targets, then shoot the scoops that raise to get your choice of mode. Introductions to each mode are shown on the display once they have been started.
  • Win a mode from each hall to start You Make Me, and win all 10 modes to start Running With Scissors.
  • Shoot the Harvey target, then lock a ball in the moving scoop to light a lock at the spiral ramp. Lock 3 balls this way to start Dare to be Stupid Multiball. Continue shooting the spiral ramp to change the rules of the multiball.
  • Destroy 27 items, then shoot the supply closet to start Hardware Store Multiball.
  • Shoot the Lit UHF Lock target and Lock a ball in the camera lock from the upper playfield three times to start UHF Multiball.

Layout:

Skill Shot:

Shoot the spiral ramp after plunging the ball to score a skill shot for 250K. Shooting the mezzanine loop will award a Super Skill shot for ???. Shoot the camera lock quickly for a 500K Super Duper Skill Shot. This also locks a ball for UHF Multiball.

Exhibit Halls & VIP Pass:

Players start each game in the museum lobby. Five shots on the playfield correspond to different exhibit halls in the museum, each containing 2 modes based on a song from Weird Al’s catalog. Once a hall has been selected, shoot the scoop behind the ticket counter drop target to select a mode. The shots and songs corresponding to each hall are:

Alternatively, the player can collect a VIP Pass by completing the V, I, and P standup targets, then shooting into the pair of raised scoops within 10 seconds. The VIP Pass allows players to select any mode they want out of the 10.

Once you have made sufficient shots during any mode, the shoot the scoop behind the ticket counter will be lit to end the mode prematurely. Normally, the mode will only end once the song does. If the song ends while stacked with a multiball, the mode will continue until the player drains down to one ball. Each song can only be played once per game, until Running With Scissors has been played.

Amish Paradise

Three chores will be placed on select shots. Hit the corresponding shot to complete chore and add it to the chore board. Once you have completed two of each chore, the spiral ramp will lit to raise the barn.

White & Nerdy

Lucrative, but dangerous mode involving a pair of two shots that move around the playfield. Each shot collects an artifact, scores 150K, and increases the speed on the “Weird-O-Meter” on your segway, thus increasing the speed that the lit shots move at (which is somehow always in sync with the song). Each shot during the mode scores 25K more than the last.

Sports Song

Main shots (ramps, loops, etc) will be indicated green, and targets will be red. Making a green shot will award 100k. Making consecutive green shots without hitting a red show will progressively score add 100k to the value awarded. Hitting a red shot will award 5k and reset the base value back to 100k.

Weasel Stomping Day

Shoot any standup target to stomp on weasels - it’s a tradition, so it must be okay. Each target shot scores 100K + 25K per shot.

Word Crimes

The first mode in pinball to test you while you play! Four shots on the playfield are lit, each corresponding to a different letter (A, B, C, or D) to a grammar question shown on the display. Collecting “streaks” of correct answers scores more, while collecting a wrong answer resets the streak.

I'll Sue Ya

In this dynamic mode, the first 30 seconds are spent on trying to make a case by shooting the lit standup targets. Afterwards, for 30 seconds (during the chorus), shooting the left ramp repeatedly collects the value that was built up by the targets. This pattern repeats with the song. In later collect stages, the right mini loop will be lit during the collect phase for double damages. Mezzanine loop will award triple damages (but not sure when it is available).

Mission Statement

The phases of this mode progress with the song. You alternate between build stock value phase where the left ramp, spiral ramp and right ramp will be lit to build stock value. The stock starts at 10k, and increases by 50k each time you hit one of the shots. If you take too long to make a shot, you stock price will decay 10k. During the sell phase, one of the scoops will always be up. Hit the scoop to sell stock. At a certain point in the song, a “Stock Split” will be available at a raise scoop, which will kick out a second ball, making this into a multiball.

Traffic Jam

Jackpots are scored on the left ramp or right right when they are activated. To activate a ramp, hit one of the lit targets on that side of the playfield. This activates the turn signal and lights the corresponding ramp green for a few seconds. Every green shot scores more than the last, but shooting red shots reduces the value.

Germs

This mode has 2 phases. The first phase is a single ball mode in the lower section with the walls up. You need to turn 20 red germs green by hitting them with the ball. The red germs will attack your flippers weakening them. Hitting the walls too many times in the same place will “break” the wall lowering it. If you exit through the scoop the mode ends. If you probe all 20 germs, the walls will lower and you will be in a frenzy multiball where everything scores 20k.

Like A Surgeon

Inspired by the game operation, you need to remove the items without touching the sides. Various shots will be lit around the playfield, and the shots / targets on either side will be indicated in red. Hitting lit shots will save a patient. Hitting red shots 3 times will kill a patient.

Multiball Modes:

Dare to be Stupid Multiball

Lock 3 balls in the hamster wheel and enter a realm where logic ceases to exist.

Lighting the Locks:

Locks for this multiball can be lit by shooting the Harvey standup target. Shooting the target will activate a moving scoop for about 20 seconds (and if no modes are currently ongoing, Harvey the Wonder Hamster will play when the scoop is available to shoot). After shooting the lit scoop, make a shot to either the spiral ramp or the right ramp to lock a ball in the hamster wheel. The second lock requires 2 hits of the Harvey standup target, and the third lock requires 3.

Multiball Rules:

The mini-loop is lit to spin the wheel of stupidity. When you hit it, you will receive one of many possible mode modifiers. These impact where jackpots are scored, the value of your jackpots and modify your flippers.

Jackpot Awards:

• Slingpots: Slingshots are jackpots for base value of ??
  • Targetpots: Standup targets are jackpots for base value of ??
  • Halfpots: Major shots are jackpots at half value 50k (?)
  • Nothing: Absolutely nothing. Jackpots are worth 0 points.

Flipper Awards

• No hold flippers: 2x jackpots
  • Reversed flippers: 5x jackpots
  • Inverted flippers: 10x jackpots

Other awards

• Secret Shirt: Awards one shirt
  • Free pass

Hardware Store Multiball

Hardware store multiball is lit by collecting the required number of “Broken Items” as shown on the main display by hitting the side modules targets. To start the multiball, shoot the supplies closet when lit.

Multiball rules

There are types of shots available in the mode:

• Major shots give Hall Repaired jackpots: award ??
  • Tools: minor shots collect tools which increase the toolbox jackpot.
  • Toolbox Jackpot: The supplies closet collects the accumulated toolbox jackpot.

UHF Multiball

Lighting the Locks:

Shoot the UHF lock target in front of the camera to light the UHF lock in the mezzanine skywalk. To shoot the lock, get to the mezzanine via a meal ticket and shoot the skywalk. Note that if Harvey locks are lit, you will divert into the Harvey lock instead of getting a shot at the UHF lock. Lock 3 balls to start multiball. Locks and multiball can be awarded as mystery awards from the Supplies Closet.

Multiball Rules

Phase one is collection enough money to save the station. All the major shots will be lit for jackpots. Once you collect them all, the Supplies Closet will light. Completing the Supplies Closet shot awards a “Drink from the firehose” ticket. The final shot to complete this phase is a shot to the spiral ramp.

Phase two has jackpots lit you can collect.

Other Scoring:

My Bologna

Collect the required number of food items from the inlanes or mezzanine to light My Bologna. Shot the mezzanine to start the mode. The goal is to build as tall a sandwhich as possible. The mezzanine loop will add bologna to the sandwich, with each consecutive shot adding an addition slice (i.e. second shot adding 2 slices instead of one). Hitting the condiment targets will add other items to the sandwich. When you exit the mezzanine that order will be finished and you can shot the ramp again to start a new sandwich until the song expires.

Shirts / Gift Shop

There are 17 shirts available in the game. Each shirt increases your playfield multiplier for the remainder of the game. Shirts are earned by hitting the pop bumpers (the Gift Shop). There is one shirt in the main hall (1) , one in each of the songs (10), each of the multiballs (3), my bologna (1), YMM (1) and Secret shirt (1) (I think).

Additionally, awards are given at certain number of shirts

• 2 Spatula save
  • 4 (?) Free pass

Shooting the orbits 3 times will open the Gift Shop. This will cause the next shot to the orbit to catch the ball on the magnet and drop it into the pops.

Squeezebox Combos

Supply Closet

This is the mystery. You light it by hitting the supplies and closet standups on the way to the pops. Awards include:

• 100k points
  • 250k points
  • UHF lock
  • Harvey lock
  • UHF Multiball
  • Free Shirt

Free passes

There are no extra balls in the game, but you can earn Free Passes, which are a ball save.

Drink from the firehose

You can earn a drink from the firehose ticket by completing enough shots in UHF multiball, or as a mystery award from the Supplies Closet. When you drain, you will be put into a mini game with the opportunity to save your ball. The game will launch 10 balls on the left feeding your upper left flipper. You must make 3 spiral ramp shots to win the mode and earn the ability to keep playing. All other flippers are disabled.

End-of-Ball Bonus

• Hitting VIP and failing to shoot the ball into the raised scoops awards negative points on bonus.

Wizard Modes:

You Make Me

Qualify You Make Me by visiting each of the 5 exhibit halls (play one of the two songs). This will like the VIP standup targets. Hit the 3 targets and shoot the scoops to start You Make Me.

This mode rapidly cycles between build phase and collect phase

• Left side shots to build value
  • Right side shots to build value
  • Targets to collect built up value

There is an add-a-ball available at some times on the spiral ramp.

Running With Scissors

Qualifying Running With Scissors

You must play every song in the game. 10 exhibit hall songs, 3 multiball songs (DTBS, UHF, HWS), My Bologna and You Make Me. When ready, shoot the ticket counter to start the mode.

Speed-run

This is a speed-run wizard mode. You will progress through the 15 modes you played to get here. For each mode, you are given 30 seconds to complete the requirement and advance to the next mode. Leftover time will carry forward and be added to the next mode up to a maximum of 1m30s.

Each mode requirement is small, usually hitting 2 mode shots, although some modes like weasel stomping day are a little different. After you meet the requirements, the 2 orbits, the ticket counter and the supplies closet will all be lit to exit the stage and progress.

The order of the stages is the order you played the single ball modes in the game, followed by the multiball modes.

Completing the run will finish the game and roll the credit video.

If you fail, by draining or running out of time, you can re-enter to try again. progress of completed rooms is saved.

Strategies:

1 Like

Annnd it’s Wikified. Thanks for starting the rulesheet.

Not going to make a general thread for this game but I figured I’d post my initial impressions from the gameplay reveal. After the success of Heist!, this looks like another winner from Multimorphic.

As someone who got into pinball partly because of the Pinball FX series, it’s awesome to see this game include a spiral ramp - one of my favorite mechanics from those games that we rarely see done in physical games - and dang is it satisfying to make. The theme, albeit niche, lends itself really well to modes and I love the dynamic nature of some of these (and I’m sure others will too). And, of course, the callouts are on point. Some of my favorites in recent memory. Taking the Elvira’s House of Horrors approach with this game was the approach I would’ve gone with, and it works so well.

Overall, can’t wait to play it, and the team is doing an excellent job so far.

3 Likes

I am excited. Once I get my module, I will try to help flesh things out.

I made a pass to add some very basic description to all the modes and info on the new additions in the last 2 code releases like Drink from the firehose and Running with Scissors. This is mostly from my memory and probably has some errors, but it is a good starting point.

1 Like