Twitch/livestream setups.

@kdeangelo has experienced otherwise… he’s stopped doing 1080 because twitch never seems to give him encoding …

thats useful to know - I wonder if time zone is a factor - I tend to stream 21:00-00:00 UK time. Which I guess is probably off twitch peak time driven by the US.

1 Like

Yeah I think so - @martymainframe streams at 1080p in Australia and I’ve always seen the encoding options

1 Like

I think being an affiliate or partner gives options

1 Like

It must be from the times I usually stream at, during peak hours as my Saturday stream this past weekend had transcoding options. I won’t do 1080p60 simply because I have to go out at 6mbps and lost a lot of viewers last time due to the lack of transcoding. If only I could reach partner already! I’m at 67 average viewers. Time to pull out BBH again? Try for two Open Seasons in one game?

@martymainframe Twitch gives partners access to transcoding all the time and then to affiliates if server resources are available.

2 Likes

Tomorrow night (4/30) around 8pm est., Chad and Marianne of First State Flippers, will be attempting their first ever stream. We will be streaming an Original Attack From Mars setup in Tournament mode with a semi-tight tilt. Will one of us get a chance to Rule The Universe???

We will be streaming this on Delaware Pinball’s Twitch channel. Link is below. Hope to see some familiar faces tune in!!

https://m.twitch.tv/delawarepinball

2 Likes

Thanks for this! I’ve been using the Sony CX405 so far, but not been real happy with the quality, so based on your post I just bought a used GX80 (European version of GX85) with the 12-32mm kit lens. The picture with the Lumix is just so much better. Better color, better focus all over, and as a surprising bonus: It’s possible to hack it to go from 50fps to 60fps, which I was never able to do on the CX405.

What kind of mode/settings do you use with the GX85 for the playfield? In my initial testing I have set it to 1080p60, shutter priority, shutter at 1/125 and AF-S with continuous AF disabled. Seems to work pretty well in the very little testing I have done so far, but I’m always open to possible improvements.

1 Like

Wait the cx 405 can’t do 60fps?

The standard video format in Europe is PAL, which is 50fps, and most consumer recording devices don’t support setting 60fps. The procedure for the GX80 was simple enough, but not a matter of just setting a menu item:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwYhH2B6Afo

…but now I need a faster streaming computer. This Lenovo T490 without a dedicated GPU struggles at 1080p60, so I need to use the ultrafast encoder setting. Or maybe I’m missing something there as well. Quite likely :slight_smile:

I use shutter priority at 1/60, manual focus, and leave everything else up to the camera. It’s so good at immediate adjustments to exposure levels that I generally don’t mind leaving the settings at that. I’d fiddle more if it wasn’t so difficult to see the screen! That’s the one downside to the camera, that the screen can’t be rotated 180 degrees.

1 Like

I’m having trouble finding Logitech webcams online, everywhere seems to be out of stock. Anyone know where I might be able to find a pair of them? Or maybe a good alternative webcam to use?

Webcams and other items related to telework, zoom meetings, online school, etc are all tough to find these days. Facebook marketplace, letgo type places may be able to shake some gear out.

Not only are they hard to find, they are wayyyyyy more expensive than usual. It’s worth thinking about a cheap camcorder and capture card instead.

I mentioned this several weeks ago. The wyze home security cameras. they released a firmware for free making them webcams. Also Canon just released beta software for many of their cameras to be used as a stream cam

Could have made a pretty penny…

1 Like

yeah. i was hoping to avoid a capture card and video camera and just start off on a small budget. But it’s looking like now is not the time to test things out.

this is mega!

https://a.pgtb.me/JCHJp2

Wishing Sony would have done that.

I’m planning on trying one of these out soon:

HOLY MOLY - i just tried out a new app that allows you to use your iphone (probably android too) as media source in OBS. the quality is phenomenal in my opinion. It also has potential to be used in a wireless set up. the app is called ivcam. I did a quick stream tonight with it and was blown away. i had one old Iphone used on the playfield and an iphone 11 as the player cam (setup wirelessly). anyone on a budget that doesnt want to invest in HDMI capture cards should try it out. Here’s a link to the stream- https://www.twitch.tv/videos/608495941 I only had the cams set up at 30fps because this was my first time using it. Ill try out 60fps tomorrow.

5 Likes