Twitch/livestream setups.

Anyone ever do the infinity focus modification to their C920? It seems like mine are just slightly out of focus for the playfield from the distance I’ve got them above and I was thinking that tweaking it might improve the quality. From what I’ve seen a small quarter turn or so can make a big difference in sharpeness.

My Pifi0 rig that I’m hoping to try out this weekend at one of the launch events (along with my pi3 rigs, same thing just a pi3 on the stand). I’ve been testing and getting things setup and while the Pi0w can support 3 cameras, I don’t think they’re getting enough power since they’re glitching a bit, so I might end up swapping them out for regular Pi3’s for the multi-camera needs and use them for crowd cameras or booth camera options.

Would certainly be amazing to have a portable affordable rig with 3 cams and 60 FPS on at least one of them. Keep us posted!

I have – temporarily, I hope – gone the opposite direction, away from portability, in my hunt for a smooth playfield view… :smiley:

Did my first location stream yesterday and the pi cameras didn’t quite perform as I’d hoped. The location wifi was actually pretty decent although I think I was pushing it a bit at 2.8Mbps (for 720p30). However, I did have quite a bit of issues with the pi video signals going over the network. They worked but it looked like I was having all sorts of quality issues getting the video to the machine running OBS. That one was wired to the router and all of the Pi’s were running on 2.4GHz (limitation of Pi0 and regular Pi3). There were quite a few networks in the area and I think that might have been part of the problem since I wasn’t having these issues at home. So the next time I might see about trying to run a wired one and setup a Pi3b+ on the 5GHz channel to see if that helps.

The NUC running OBS worked alright and the video capture seemed to be OK when the video was able to make it, but I think I’d recommend going with a laptop instead just for convenience if possible.

Not quite the smooth trial I was hoping for but I’m not giving up hope yet, just need to work through getting things to work in the wild. It also took much longer than expected to setup multiple cameras so next time I’ll know to get there a bit earlier and work on some quicker pre setup options.

Found a great OBS plugin to go along with my RPi option. It does extactly what I’m looking for an is available for Linux and Windows: https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-gstreamer.696/

I tried it out last night with good results since it doesn’t require Window Capture and you have full control over the pipeline to do whatever you need to with GStreamer, which could open the door for other interesting integrations. And the camera switch over is as easy as a different scene.

I’m going to give it a shot on Wed for leagues and see if I get better results along with moving over to 5GHz networking. And for fun I threw Ubuntu 18.04 on my old Chromebook Pixel LS and I’m going to see if its specs are enough for the job. Early tests look promising.

Any thoughts on the best way to mic up multiple commentators? Currently, I just have the commentators huddled around a Blue snowball, which looks cheap, sounds poor, and is uncomfortable to do for a long period of time.

I’d like to have something where everyone has a headset with headphones and personal mic. I purchased a couple cheap gaming headsets on monoprice (~$20). The headphones work fine when plugged directly into the CPU, but I can only plug in one at a time. I tried running them though a mixer and then into the computer, but this doesn’t work. Apparently gaming headsets like this require a small amount of phantom power, which is provided by the mother board.

What’s everyone else doing? Have you come up with an elegant/cost effective solution to this problem?

Unfortunately I had to do it right. $200 a piece and these are the only option I trust. Anything cheaper kinda sucks at best.

Audio-Technica BPHS1 Broadcast Stereo Headset with Dynamic Cardioid Boom Mic https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003D87JI2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_r4zOBb04TDK84

Seconded! These are what I’m using as well. They pop up on Warehouse Deals occasionally for $140ish.

RIP my wallet

I take it these work in a mixer?

Yep. I got this guy. Works great.

Behringer Xenyx 802 Premium 8-Input 2-Bus Mixer with Xenyx Mic Preamps and British EQs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000J5XS3C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_8.IOBb0K55RG5

For like 20 bucks more you can get a 4 input one.

I have one of these laying around if you want to give it a shot.

Behringer Xenyx 802 Premium 8-Input 2-Bus Mixer with Xenyx Mic Preamps and British EQs

That would be great! The real expense comes from those headsets though…gonna have to keep an eye out on Craigslist and whatnot for some deals.