Twitch/livestream setups.

Keeping this “How to stream pinball” train rolling, we’ve published our first, super quick tutorial on how to “Fix Your Webcam’s Quality!”

Check it out, and make your webcams look super sexy!

#pinball #streaming #Tutorial
4 Likes

Is there a fix for an issue with using multiples of the same camera (c920) with OBS? I can’t use the OBS camera adjustments for more than one camera.

I had to install the Logitech gaming software, make the adjustments there and then open OBS. If I don’t like what I see, I have to go back and forth. It’s workable, but just a pain in the arse.

There’s a bunch of discussion on this about 20 posts up. Good luck !

I stumbled on that thread, but was hoping hoping that there might be something a little more straight forward. :grin:

1 Like

So multiples of the same camera do work, but depends on the resolution you’re running them at, and how many are plugged into a single port.
Try plugging them in and dropping all their resolutions to 800X448 just to make sure they are all showing up.
Then up the resolution on each a bit until you find a cap.

If it’s exposure and gain (etc) that you 're having trouble with, there is a tutorial on the “chain of command” method on my “how to stream pinball” page, also with a link to a piece of software for PC that makes it easier to work with.

I’m making a tutorial about this, later this week!

The rig we use in Texas has 21 C920s. It is a nightmare getting the settings dialed, and there’s no way around it. I use the method described by @GarrettHays in this thread. It’s basically the “chain of command” stuff that @DEADFLIP talks about, but on a ridiculous scale.

There’s also the bootleg software shown above, but I haven’t tried it yet

I’ve been bouncing back and forth between the Logitech Gaming software and OBS. It’s manageable, but I only have 3 cameras. I can’t imagine what it would be like with 21!

For anyone else using the Ulink usb hub Ethernet extender, make sure and use shielded cat 6 cables.

I had intermittent screen tearing using a cheapo flat Ethernet cable. Switching to a nice shielded cat 6 fixed this issue.

2 Likes

As a viewer, I would like to suggest that streamers not settle for “pretty good” camera view on the playfield. Catching up on some tournament streams and hearing the commentators respond that it all looks pretty good is pretty disappointing, when I’m watching on a big screen TV versus their view on a laptop. Probably can be mitigated somewhat by the camera operator pulling up Twitch on their phone to check their setup/alignment/view, rather than having to walk back and forth to the commentator booth which could be pretty far away.

1 Like

Totally agree and my streams can really improve on this. I try to do extensive testing so that when we move the rig it needs little to no adjustment once the rig is moved, but yes, it needs to be as close to perfectly aligned instead of “just good enough”. Practice makes perfect, and we are getting in as much practice as we can.

Also for using the phone, sounds good in practice but with the delay it’s faster to just go to the stream table and check it out for yourself.

1 Like

And then after you get the game perfectly lined up under the camera @pinwizj does a massive slide save and you’re back to square 1 :smiley:

1 Like

Unless it takes multiple trips :rofl:

1 Like

Haha. Fair enough. Definitely not a perfect system, but if you want to stream with 3-6 cameras instead of 30, then you gotta make some tweaks. As always I’m gonna do everything I can to improve this system.

Hopefully it can get to the point that it’s mobile to location sites and other can adopt and start streaming larger events using their own staff and equipment.

For keeping the PF under the camera, $39 NEW for a remote pan/tilt head.
I have one on the way.

The potential for this device is huge for changing angles for face cameras if on a rig between 2 machines… that reduces one camera from your rig.
There are answers for most of these problems, just gotta dig! I bet you can find some used on the cheap on ebay too! This thing only runs on battery power, but it’s worth a look!

2 Likes

The thing I want most is a way to switch USB cams though a physical switcher, and let them remember their settings consistently. Haven’t found any device that lets that happen 100%
Anyone have some new insight on this?

What’s the advantage of this vs. switching through software?

2 Likes

Say you have 3 rigs, with 3 cameras on each rig going to their own externally powered hub. All 3 of those hubs going to a switcher. You’d switch to each rig with the switcher and those 3 cams would be live. Easier to organize and label as well, I’d imagine?

Software works great too, but can you get OBS/Xsplit/Advancedcam settings to remember the settings of 9 cameras? Yes, sometimes, but all those feeds at once can be a drag on the system if they’re all live, waiting to be called.

I don’t know. It’s early. I’m just talking to hear myself talk. haha

Three cameras in a hub will be tough to get much better than 30 FPS ime. If you can do two in a hub then use a HD cam and capture device for PF, that seems to be best.

I think as long as each hub is going to its own usb controller at the computer and your computer is a decent i7, the CPU usage should be okay.

1 Like

For sure, I’m just trying to figure out how to push this USB usage even more!