Tilt through exceptions?

Exactly. If a game has a whisper-sensitive tilt, the amount of motion to create a tilt through situation could be extremely low. Firepower at ClePin was set up this way - no dangers, tight tilt. Nobody that I know pulled it off but that game would be an exceptional candidate for a tilt-thru situation.

1 Like

Yep… rage-tilting classic Sterns can be handled under equipment abuse, or touching the game when it’s not your turn (if someone actually walked back to the game to shove it)

Why doesn’t Stern or JJP add an operator adjustment (off by default) that reinstates the behavior of the old Sterns? It couldn’t be tied to playfield validation (all kinds of shenanigans possible in that case), but a simple “no-switch tilt doesn’t advance player (off/on)” adjustment…

2 Likes

Is it legal for me to tilt out my own ball in the shooter lane on a classic Stern to test the tilt? Would I lose my turn? Does this fall under the “you can’t intentionally tilt” rule?

Yes, that is not allowed.

As for restoring this behavior, it would be encouraging game abuse. Tilt through on modern Stern is not a problem. This was implemented by the old Stems because it was such a common hardware issue that they decided to fix it with software.

If only Bally copied them on something!

1 Like