The Neverdrains Universe

@marble certainly outperformed his qualifying slot at INDISC by wide margin: 40th seed — bubble boy— parlayed into 7th finish!

2 Likes

Hmm, might want to check for people who parlayed qualifying last in an event all the way to winning.

1 Like

Daniele at the first PAPA Circuit final comes to mind

2 Likes

That’s the best-known example, I think.

Trivia time: Name the only (?) player who has qualified both 1st and last in PAPA A (without looking it up).

1 Like

Not to disagree with you, but I ran the Metallica launch party tourney at CAX in 2013 (which you won). Crank it Up wasn’t in the code yet. Was there for CAX in 2014. In 2013, the goal was just to start sparky MB and go from there. In 2014, strategies got deeper and scores went up.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! I guess it then falls under the “software” category above; either way, things change, and what a “good score” is will change more for Moderns than for Classics. Good to have a documented example like this with exactly why things changed.

2 Likes

yancy
Imagine how much time we can save skipping finals from now on. Can that be @pinwizj’s April 1st post this year?

It would also save Josh time re finishing 2nd; he could catch an earlier flight home to the family.

2 Likes

Adam?

Filled out a bunch of them

2 Likes

Pfff… last seed sure, but #1 ?! lol… Never. It’s gotta be Roy Wils. There are only a handful of players who can get that perfect, #1 seed card at PAPA… Anyone can be on the bubble…

4 Likes

Adam’s right, it was Roy; I was there both years to see them. Roy’s okay, I heard from him recently, he’s just in the pinball desert like the rest of us. The year Roy had #1, I think he had the widest-ever margin over the #2 entry; Karl was 2nd 46 points behind him.

1 Like

Awesome! Many thanks!

For anyone else willing to help, we’re currently at 565 unmatched game titles of 754 total.

We’re looking for Machine Names in Column I.

I’ve been adding some from both Indiscs and other events I’ve been to. Will be a continual trickle.

Your “top score” column is off; the values listed are actual scores, but not the top scores.

Yeah. Corey mislabeled that column. The score you see is the median score, not the high score.

2 Likes

Column fixed.

I just figured these were all tough-playing machines (a.k.a. I didn’t fully read Adam’s email)

Seems to be games missing from both pinbaltimore2018 and pinbaltimore2019 in the spread sheet.

The spreadsheet only contains unique game names found in the Neverdrains universe, so if PinBaltimore shares common game names with other tournaments, the link for a game used in PinBaltimore might be for a different tournament (for the link, I chose the tournament with the most number of plays for the given game), but so long as that game name is mapped, all the tournaments that use that game name will benefit.

Holy cow, thank you to everyone’s who’s gone in and tagged games.

We’re down to only needing 60 of 754.

yeah, this is awesome. There is going to be a really cool “reward” soon on the web pages…

1 Like

Wonder Woman from cnepc2019, I remember seeing this on stream. It was a retheme of an early SS game, but I couldn’t remember which one. I googled it and this (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1148598398602739/permalink/2048954278567142/) came up, so I’m putting it in as Lectronomo, which seems correct.

5 Likes