The Hobbit Test Machine

This is primarily a question directed @keefer

I spent a couple of hours tonight playing The Hobbit test machine on location. I had some fun, but it mostly felt like a grind. I have absolute confidence the code will continue to improve and this will be a stunner.

My question is a couple of parts:

1. How many test machines is JJP putting out there?

2. Is the game collecting/storing game data for the games played on these? Specifically in the interest of honing the code/deciding what mode shots are worth, etc?

Canā€™t wait to keep playing this, itā€™s a beautiful game.

Just wondering, are most of the folks playing ā€œpinball peopleā€ or are lots of ā€˜regular peopleā€™ playing too? I know that WOZ attracts all kinds on locationā€¦

I think it is hard to say at this point. It showed up today, and pretty much just pinball people who are in the NYC scene were there.

Donā€™t know of any others out thereā€¦

As for who plays there, Iā€™d guess where theyā€™re located would be the biggest factor.

Is there just that one, or have more been identified?

There was a post on their FB that the 2nd one is at the Silverball Museum in Asbury Park, NJ.

The playfield looks like an incredible tableau to build a ruleset on, so I have my fingers crossed that this will eventually be a killer title.

with @keefer on it I have no doubts the rules will be crazy deep - i canā€™t wait to see the tilt you lost thing in action - would be fun with some relevant callouts :slight_smile:

Wait a minute, sorry if itā€™s been obvious to everyone else, but is ā€œkeeferā€ Keith Johnson?

1 Like

Yes. Click on @keefer to see his bio page. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Well, the thought never occurred to me until then, but thanks for the heads up! Iā€™ll do that next time then.

The name always makes me think of Kiefer Sutherland, but I knew thatā€™s not right.

I just went to a new venue this past Sunday called Tokins and Tankards in Mount Prospect, Il. They have a Hobbit, it was lots of fun to play. They have five other machines, a great beer list and the food is awesome.