The Aaron Riel Memorial Pingolf Championship *Please Consider Donating!*

The Aaron Riel Memorial Pingolf Championship is a sanctioned IFPA Pin-Golf Tour Event taking place at Starport Arcade and Pub in Morgantown, WV.

This is a charity event being held to remember and celebrate the life of Aaron Riel, who tragically and unexpectedly passed away in 2019. Last November, I hosted The First Annual Mountain State Pin-Masters in Morgantown. A couple months after our event, we learned of the passing of one of our pinball community members, Aaron Riel. Aaron and his brother David were two of the first people I met when I first embarked on my pinball journey many years ago. Aaron was also at some of the first pinball events that I ran as a tournament director and was also at the very first WV State Championship. Aaron is survived by his mother, father, brother, and young daughter. I have worked closely with Aaron’s brother, David Riel to organize this effort. All monetary proceeds from entry fees, donations, hole sponsors, and raffle ticket sales will be put towards a certified college savings fund for Aaron’s young daughter. This fund is going to be personally maintained by David. There will be no cash payouts for this event.

I had been brainstorming various ways that our community could come together to support the Riel family; our annual pingolf event was the perfect opportunity. As such, the annual tournament is now known as The Aaron Riel Memorial Pingolf Championship. Not only is this a chance for us to get together to remember and celebrate Aaron’s life, we will use this opportunity to raise money from hole and event sponsorships, donations, raffles, and entry fees that will all be put towards a certified college education fund to benefit Aaron’s daughter Mady. This fund is to be managed by David Riel.

This is where I need your help. I am seeking donations of any kind to help in this endeavor. Pin-Hole sponsorships are available at $25 for one hole, $50 for four holes, or $75 for all nine holes. Your business name/logo (or personal name) will be listed as a supporter on the appropriate number of machines, on the thank you banner to be displayed at the event, and on our livestream of the event. If you are not interested in sponsoring any pin-holes, donations of any size are gladly accepted.

Alternatively, if you have any items that you or your business could donate to be raffled off at the event, this would be greatly appreciated as well. I am in the process of trying to put together an online auction to run simultaneously with our livestream of the event. I will be sure to thank you on-air and include your business name and logo for any donations of this kind as well should we be able to do the online auction.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Registration opens this Saturday at noon. Link here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdAI76YyIm3bs-QIiSJUmP02_tVAFGrINuegrAvMY1cT-q4oA/viewform

Full Rules Here: [https://docs.google.com/…/1uf9pJjXyRJJXfX4n2YKEN9acAxT…/edit]

8 Likes

Rules link is broken

I’ll try to get to this again shortly. Im not sure why it’s doing that.