Super Selfie League software / app

yes!!! this is hugely helpful - it was a barrier to getting people who are at the location to just pick up a flyer and start submitting scores. thank you!

what about a ā€œyou need to beat this scoreā€ page, that just lists all the arenas, your score, and the next highest score + player name? Thatā€™s how people mostly use the app, but they have to click around a fair bit just to see ā€œis this score worth a photo or notā€, or ā€œwhatā€™s my targetā€.

1 Like

I agree that itā€™s cool to see what the next higher scores are than you or see your relative position but I think you can kinda do that by looking at the game scores right?

Statistically speaking the back end data you already see is neat (how many entries submitted per game) - might be neat to see who posts the most scores and also when the scores are posted (I suspect thereā€™s a sniping strategy of waiting to see what others put up and then going to put up a higher score towards the end of the qualifying period for some).

Also I know one concern is people sandbagging scores (maybe they post a 150M Stern Trek score, but play again and put up 560M and they take that photo but keep it in the bank in case someone else beats their score before they can go back and play again) I have a rule that scores must be uploaded day of but thereā€™s always pinball people who will look for exploits :slight_smile:

1 Like

agree that data is all there, but presentation matters too- seeing it all in one place would be a handy improvement.

I always just take pictures of my high scores, but donā€™t upload my highest for that machine until Iā€™m done with that playing session. Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s the best way to do it or not.

i think thatā€™s a perfectly fine way to do it.

I was having a problem at first where photos I attached would seem to be ready to go, then would disappear from my submission. By experimentation, I figured out that this was because my file size was too large. (I use a purpose-built camera and not a cell phone, so I tend to default to larger images if Iā€™m not reminded/warned.) However, I have not figured out exactly what the file size limit is. It would be nice to be told exactly what the limit is when submitting, or have a recommended image size! Thanks!

Can you send me one of the photos that failed to upload? The uploader should be able to handle 6500x6500 pixels but it could be that your browser ran out of memory and gave up.

To keep uploads faster the photo is actually resized in by your browser before the file ever hits my server. But browsers can run out of memory when handed images that are too large :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey all we have three selfie type leagues around here and weā€™ve had some issues pop up and as such are evolving our rules. If youā€™d like to see some of the general rules we share this is a page thatā€™s specific to the one I run but has similar items: https://orangenex.wordpress.com/2016/04/13/san-francisco-super-selfie-league-rules/

The MatchPlay app/software is working well for us but anyone whoā€™s used it before and had players already in your system, you may have to remove their IFPA # if you enable players adding themselves to the tournament or else they may not be able to ā€˜claimā€™ themselves if they havenā€™t already claimed their IFPA profile (which a lot of people have never done)

1 Like

Hey Gene, Thanks for sharing your rules. Itā€™s very helpful to see a set like this. :slight_smile: