Stranger Things Rulesheet

Very interesting. It seems the double scoring from the prem/LE is in the pro now. But either way he never hit the lock targets so those aren’t in play. The SJP being lit is what drives the opportunity to 2x/3x scoring.

I’ll look into how the pro is supposed to behave.

What about the other 2x scoring from Burn it Back?

That’s always in play. We’re just trying to understand the 2x/3x scoring in TKMB that occurs via the left ramp.

So looks like for now, the most you can multiply a super in TK MB is 6x. That’s 3x scoring from two balls locked at the ramp times 2x playfield. No combo doubler is allowed for the super. So 36 million super JP is the max for version .90. I’m going to hold off on updating the wiki until it seems this is where the rules are going to stay for this as it’s changed multiple times already.

1 Like

I finally got to play code 0.98 today. It’s much better than the earlier code revs – the game is growing on me. I recommend giving it another shot, if you wrote it off earlier (as I did).

And yes, the demogorgan shot still sucks, but at least it registers the shot as a bash toy. The rest of the shots are quite satisfying.

3 Likes

Very very solid game. Demo shot is a bummer as most don’t sit right or have a bum ramp on them. I’ve dialed mine in and it’s so much better. Seeing the further reaches of the demo modes is so fun when you can hit the mouth consistently.

Stern sent me a different ramp (which I haven’t installed yet). Presumably everyone with one of the early bum ramps can do that, right?

Yep. You need to send your serial number and if it’s in a certain range they can tell you got the wrong ramp and send a new one.

I will say that it’s not guaranteed to fix your issue though. :pensive:

However, there are fixes by owners for if the ball is consistently hitting too low or if it’s hitting too high.

My issue was too high. My problem was solved by taking the mech apart, loosening the screws that go through the rubber washers that allow the head to be more “jiggly”, as well as adding washers under the playfield where the demo attaches to the game so it sits ever so slightly leaning forward. So now when the ball hits high, the head pushes back more and allows the ball to fall into the mouth.

Now on my game, once you find the shot, you never miss.

Finally got to the season mini-wizard modes, so I updated those sections. Not bad, but nothing ground-breaking in terms of code. Not really worth putting in spoiler alerts.

Also updated the 20 Mystery award options.

I think total isolation 2 actually makes jackpots turn into double jackpots, not “less points”. It’s weird because the lights start blinking then turn solid

Yes and all shots in TI 1 and 2 can be combined for double value. Except the SJP since it’s the total value of jackpots collected that round I believe.

I just made a bunch of edits with everything I know from .98. Things I hope they address before they call it quits (hint @raydaypinball hint haha):

Level the Bonus. Right now, TK MB is the only thing that adds to it. Make us want to do well in all those other areas to get that big bonus.

More fanfare for completing Send it Back or Light the Fire. I want it to feel like destroying the ring, but just doesn’t have that same fanfare and falls a bit flat. Make sure that those modes’ scoring is based on your performance in their respective season’s modes. Also give the player a bonus for killing via the mouth on Send it Back, and maybe allow the player the chance to double the Light the Fire collect again by comboing the right ramp into the mystery lane or saucer.

Eleven mystery award? Not coded, but hope that is a video mode.

Collect drawing. From what I understand, this is coming, but would be cool to implement this similar to soul shards.

Try and make some of the more vanilla modes feel more interesting. See rules for each that are currently in place above.

2 Likes

Nice! Agreed.

I’d also like to see some type of benefit/buff to other aspects/scoring in the game when you complete modes, vs having just merely played them. (better bonus, or better scoring during associates Season’s wizard mode)

The other thing I’ve mentioned to @raydaypinball (who, by the way, isn’t on doing code/support on this pin, if I’m not mistaken) in a DM: it would be cool if the skill shot and Super Skill shot did something beyond award points, Ex: skill shot awards greater progress on Demogorgan qualifying, and super skill shot awards 4 letters of Demodog progress.

@chuckwurt… there’s one mini-wizard mode that gives you two SJP shots (both up the center lane). Which one is it? I’m curious if that was intentional or not.

And 100M scoring on Quarter Hunt?!? Nice! I wish I could pop the glass on the SThings I’m playing on location to dial in their spinner.

@chuckwurt… how can you get 50-75M on this mode if there are total of 5 hurry-up shots that start at 2M (and can be combo’d for 4M each, maximum)? That adds up to 20M max.

Total isolation 2. But I believe that was changed with .98. Should just be the one SJP. But admittedly I’ve only played it a few times since then (poorly).

Definitely need a dialed spinner (I had to adjust my switch as it wasn’t always registering).

My go to route on that is spinner, left, ramp, right ramp, spinner. If you can rock that with 2x scoring, look out. My favorite chapter mode for sure.

Sometime after 1.0 I’ll pop my glass and figure out exact scoring for things and update those items above that may be a bit off.

There’s a significant bonus at the end for doing the entire mode as a combo.

Just checked. 2mm,4.5mm,5mm,5.5mm,6mm plus a 50mm bonus for doing the whole mode as a combo. 73mm and change assuming the first hurry up is 2mm when you collect it. That’s the max. Doubled if 2x scoring is running during that mode.

Kind of an all or nothing mode. The only way to get the 50 million bonus is to really max our those individual shots.

1 Like

Biggest all or nothing mode: Where’s Barb. lol

1 Like

I think the value of the “stranger points” mystery award is always 11 in binary. Cool.

Yep. Always assume value, but can be doubled via the playfield multiplier.

@chuckwurt interesting new “spot mode qualification” via Mystery lane in latest code (until you’ve started 2 modes)
What’s the logic of which of the 4 major shots it spots progress?