Stranger Things Rulesheet

I had 1.7B at our launch party last week with at least half of it in bonus. Running 0.83

On the last Deadflip stream of the newest code, Mike Vinikour did mention that bonus has been nerfed back because it was ā€œgetting out of handā€ or something like that. Not sure exactly what version that happened in.

1 Like

How are the demogorgon MB modes played for big points?

By collecting lots of jackpots and super jackpots. The second demo mode you kill the demo twice to light jackpots. Collect all jackpots to bring the demo back out for a SJP hurry up at the mouth that usually is 30mm base. Have 2x playfield running and in two quick shots you can get around 120mm.

The regular jackpots arenā€™t anything to sneeze at either usually between 2-3mm

1 Like

Iā€™ve collected a few 48 million point super jackpots on a Stranger Things pro, anyone who can tell me what Iā€™m doing to get those it would be greatly appreciated.

This

1 Like

Just like the Groot 96mil double double double double super (oh I guess that has one more exponent because of the shot multiplier)

1 Like

Glass off testing of bonus build up complete (Version .85):

Combo bonus seems to just be a million points once you get a combo haha. Would be sweet if this worked like Demoman. $1mm per.
Chapter (mode bonus) is 10% of all scoring in modes
Demogorgans is basically nothing (I got 2k in end of ball bonus for having one perfect Demo kill and 16mm points earned in a demo dog mode.
Telekinesis is approximately 23% of the scoring you do in the MB. So that is where you can make hay.

So you would have to get 100-200mm in your MBs and have some serious multipliers to get in the hundreds of millions of bonus. It is possible though if you are scoring good in modes and killing it in your TK MBs. But the other factors do not contribute to end of ball bonus at all really at this point.

I hope that helps.

3 Likes

So do we know for sure which shots are considered a combo during TK MB? Remember that the same shot can be a ā€˜comboā€™ on this game. Keep looping the left orbit and you will continue to collect combos. The display shows this.

Left lock ramp for sure is a combo. Are the orbits, right ramp and inner loop shots also considered a combo in or out of TK MB? Iā€™ve hit that right loop several times in a row and I donā€™t recall seeing the display say anything about combos, although I may not be watching close enough.

Not sure if this is the first game to allow combos on the same shot, but it seems like we should come up with a new name for these combos. SS (single shot) combos?

As Iā€™m sure others have noticed, the skill shot EB is not a thing. I guess the pro I was playing got confused after the update. Now requires more loop shots to light EB and loop shot is not a skill shot.

The In-n-Out Super Jackpotā€¦

1 Like

I just hope they add playfield lights to indicate combo shots on a future update. I hate having to guess.

1 Like

So Iā€™ve seen this game reset during multiple times in multiple locations in single player and multiplayer gamesā€¦is this a known bug?

Yep. They addressed it in the .85 update but the game will still reset. Mostly during a season 2 mode combined with a demo dog mode.

Or when youā€™re up nearly 200 million. :rofl:

2 Likes

How are we raising the Stand Up values prior to the 1st Demodog mode, and can they be raised in mode duration?

TKMB Left ramp lock doubler rule change request:
During TKMB if both lock standups are hit, the double at the left ramp is qualified rather than the current qualification which is after four jackpot shots are hit and the super is not collected.

Updated the wiki with some of the changes from 0.88

I was watching @recordboy stream last night, and we both discovered/clarified that you if you hit the lock targets during TKMB and go up the left ramp. It says 2x scoring for 20 seconds, but apparently after he collected a super, 2x was gone because Jackpots were scoring 400k which is the base after you collect a super.

Are you sure? Ime the lock targets do nothing during TKMB and no 2x scoring unless itā€™s a premium/LE and thatā€™s not available until SJP is lit. Is there a link to where you saw this in the stream? Iā€™d like to confirm myself.

I also noticed on current code that regular jackpots can be doubled via combos like before, but the SJP cannot be doubled from a combo like before so max SJP collect (on prem/LE) is 30mm (3x scoring plus 2x pf) which stinks. I wonder if thatā€™s intentional. You could get 60 million before.

@chuckwurt. Here is the link to his stream. https://youtu.be/47c7fxOttw4 Go to the 56:40 mark to see the TKMP mb