Stern Rush Rulesheet

Great! I thought the removal of the EBs would make it impossible (for me) to get to 2112 but those 2x records help pump up the value/minutes.

I just played the Flipper Challenge mode for Cygnus X-1, Book 2. I was a little surprised it kept going after the five phases. Does it keep going indefinitely or does it officially end after 10 or 15 phases, for example?

It adds a shot to the phases each time you clear them all, I made it to like wave 3 or 4 before I finally failed, it’s pretty rad!

1 Like

That makes sense. Thanks!

There is a “bug” with the new rainbow rules. If you complete the mode lighting a shot spot and lose your ball before picking it you lose it! This seems to be the only way you would not end up with one on every shot at the end and feels like an odd and unjust punishment for losing your ball at just the wrong time. Can it be changed so you are allowed to spot it on your next ball for consistency?

It was x3 when I just played. I had all shots of colour for spirit radio and no shot multiplier and I pushed radio jackpot to 50 million and then shot dead end and got 150 million rather than 100 million. I personally like that you get 3x if you get them all as it is difficult to do and provides a nice reward for doing it so would be a shame to lose it.

Anyone have scoring advice for the Voyage Challenge mode? I’m trying to get the 500 million achievement but I’m consistently completing with 450 mill. I can’t figure out how to stretch the points.

It’s been a while since I made the scoring but I think the main thing is on the yellow planet you get more points if you alternate hitting the instrument target and the yellow arrows, and on the blue planet you really wanna chain together a lot of shots in a row

Thanks. I’ll try it out.

Oh and, the number of balls in play when you escape is a multiplier on that final shot

Any tips to get to Cygnus 1 ( the one where you have to complete all the modes) - trying to not focus on getting more records collected before you start the mode and just focused on finishing them as fast as possible

Welp just got to both Cygnus’ and was 2 years away from 2112. This game is awesome

2 Likes

For completing the song modes, making use of The Weapon is the biggest tip. The combos are listed in this rulesheet, look at that and intentionally go for them. Tom Sawyer is the biggest, where it will complete all of phase 3 (save it for that!), and it’s a fairly simple combo of R ramp - spinner - loop. But don’t use it on Limelight, since that shares the same album with Tom Sawyer.

2 Likes

Could someone please confirm that when playing Red Barchetta multiball a second time in one game that for super jackpot purposes, you start at the gear that you last hit on the the first multiball session? I’m trying to get to 6th gear/victory laps to check off my last Insider achievement, but it’s a bitch to do in one multiball session! The pop bumper count to get there is nuts.

@raydaypinball @dalton71611

Yes you start on the last gear you were on if you play Red Barchetta.

Also making Red Barchetta the last time machine multiball (use the dead end shot to change the time machine multiball when time machine multiball is lit) will help you out big time, with the time machine upgrades that increase ball save time and balls in play.

Also if you get 2x pops running from the drumsticks, each pop will be double credit for Red Barchetta super jackpots.

Hope this helps

5 Likes

@dalton71611 , definitely helps! I’ll knock the achievement off quickly now. :grinning:

I’ve become extremely adept at collecting moving pictures and starting Red Barchetta within a handful of flips of starting a game out of laziness to complete it without spending much time. I can’t count how many times I have made it to 3rd to 5th gear only to walk off unsatisfied.

Seem to be a couple of scoring based bugs:

• Spirit of radio jackpot caps at 50 million but does not seem to increase from the record boost. I would expect the cap to be multiplied by the boost. This means boosting spirit of radio is weirdly nerfed compared to the other modes.
  • Bumper scoring does not increase when completing the drops unlike the other instruments. It used to a few versions ago but some update broke it at some point. Weirdly the mystery award does increase it still.

Yeah the main benefit for spirit of radio boosting is that you can max the jackpot quicker / easier, and of course the point awards themselves on the shots. I like your idea though, although I’d probably want to make the default max jackpot lower than 50 if the max can be increases.

Looks like the drops not advancing pop value was a consequence of The Great Drum Bonus Exploit nerf we did, however I think it actually makes sense so the drops each have exactly one instant award + the instrument activated bonus:

Bass: instant award: raises combo values, activated: 2x combos

Guitar: instant award: raises spinner value, activated: +1x spinner lane shot multiplier

Drums: instant award: light drum solo, activated: 2x pops

With the current code if you want to get some nutty drum bonuses, it can still be done but you’ll have to light drum solo, then shoot pops while drum solo is lit - this increase the value of the drum solo and thus when you start drum solo your pops will be worth more per hit

Hello .

I think the code is very well balanced. My only regret is about the supression of extra ball for 69 ramps. I found that it was rewarding a lot of effort. 2112 is so difficult to reach for common players. So a little help will be great.

Is there any chance to put back an extra ball like this ?

Please

There are still three extra balls to look for:

• One at a low number of ramps (usually around 9)
  • One from collecting 5 albums
  • Acquire 50 years

This means you’ll ideally have 6 balls to reach 2112. I’ve gotten to it in 5!