Stern Pro Circuit...coming soon?

Am I missing a thread (don’t think so)? What do people think of the teaser announcement? Speculation? Good thing for future of pinball?

I’ve seen a few good thoughts on Facebook and on podcasts. But Tilt Forums are where the really good thoughts are heard/read.

Your turn…

1 Like

It’s in the one for $5 + $1 but probably would be fine in its own thread

I see the @BuffaloATX question.

BTW @timballs great job last night! You should have use a shaky cam for the SW game still pictures…would have looked like a video.

1 Like

Thanks, Jeff… will have to look into getting a shakycam program for next time my friend happens to be playing the first copy of the new game overseas as Gary Stern personally tells him not to post videos :smiley:

Patiently waiting for the Pinball Profile where details about the Stern Pro Circuit are revealed.

2 Likes

I asked @pinwizj yesterday. We have to be patient for all parties to be ready to present details of Stern Pro Circuit. Fair enough.

But pinball players “might” be impatient…I know…shocker!

1 Like

I wish it had been a bit more fleshed out before announcing. The tongue-in-cheek comment about employee’s ability to play being the only thing that’s really been said about it – besides that it’s coming soon – I don’t see what there is to discuss.

If it was an attempt to crowdsource ideas for something that isn’t as fleshed out yet, I would have rather read a post directly asking for comment.

Like it or not, the account used to post information about the IFPA is also being used as someone’s personal account. So any comment could be seen as either a personal opinion or an organizational decision. Context matters to newcomers that might not realize this dynamic. I don’t know about you, but I hold organizational communication to a much higher level than I do personal communication.

3 Likes

It seems like more often than not when IFPA make a major announcement, it’s met with a negative response (changes in how points are awarded). Now it appears they will have something good to announce in the near future. So Josh decided to throw out a tease. Just like Stern teased Star Wars before revealing good pics, video and actual details. Marketing pinball is all about the tease.

I may have complaints once the program is announced, but for now, good for Josh, IFPA, Stern and anyone else who’s involved. Tease away.

4 Likes

PAPA also announced it on their Facebook and Twitter. It’s a coordinated tease.

4 Likes

Also, my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with the girl who saw KME pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

5 Likes

Getting back on topic. Does this mean the PAPA circuit is going away? They’re involved, seems like it would be better if they put all their effort onto this, if the goal is to make a huge, prestigious, pro tour.

1 Like

I am excited to finally hear about this teased collaboration! I hope tacking the Stern name as a sponsor/something means that we are about to see something cool in competitive pinball.

I would like nothing more than to yell “WE ESPORTS NOW” or a physical equivalent if this helps to solve the “IFPA Dilemma!”

2 Likes

I would like to think this just becomes another circuit for people to participate in, and not a replacement for existing ones. There were many events nominated for the PAPA circuit that weren’t picked, for example. Those could become part of the Stern circuit, which would help draw more people to those events, furthering the goal of IFPA. I can see Stern soaking up the $1 IFPA fee no problem, and sending out machines (probably distributed by Tilt Amusements) to those events. My only worry is there’s about to be a sudden hike in new Stern only tournaments.

1 Like

“WE SPORTS NOW”

1 Like

Hey Jeff, the only thing I heard for certain is Canadians are not allowed. Well, Canadians and podcast hosts…:relieved:

3 Likes

Hoping it’s just a circuit of Sternaments. Hopefully not limited to pro players (since there aren’t any anyways). I would hit those up if I had a chance. Maybe I can win Stern points?

STOPPERS

5 Likes

Geez! Ever since fellow Canuck Neil Young sang Southern Man, we peace-loving Canadians are like third-class citizens in certain parts. Especially in Alabama. :grinning:

2 Likes