Stern Jurassic Park Rulesheet

I don’t think there’s any bonus for hitting those shots in an actual combo. After hitting one of the initial 3 shots, its combo shots will light and won’t go away until you hit one. Until you do, you’re also locked out of hitting one of the remaining 2 shots to light more combos.

2 Likes

Great info! Thanks!
So to your point, referring to System Boot shot sequences as “combos” is a bit of a misnomer, in that the “combo” shot isn’t required within a few seconds of the initial shot. It’s more akin to having three starting Phase 1 shots that each qualify a set of (untimed, outside of the total mode timer) Phase 2 shots, of which you only get to shoot one of Phase 2. After a successful Phase 2 shot, you cycle back to Phase 1, with one less starter shot available (because you’ve already used it).

I find it interesting that when choosing from the Spinner set of Phase 2 shots, the Tower side ramp shot is worth more than the more-difficult upper left loop shot (25M vs 20M).

I really like the decision-making element that @sk8ball has put in System Boot of: “Here’s multiple shots available to you. You can only claim one of them. And you’ll score more if you hit the more difficult shot.”

Yes, that’s a better way of describing it. The only mode I found to actually use timed shots is Chase with its truck -> shot combos, but it’s a bit far fetched to even call those combos, since the truck is more of a combo stopper than a combo starter.

Anyone had issues with the truck ball dragging the playfield? Ours on location will get caught on the playfield when going clockwise so that it doesn’t make contact with the static ball. Then the truck won’t move because hitting the static ball does nothing.

I adjusted it once and made the the nut holding it on the truck was nice and tight, but it was only a temp fix apparently. The truck seems to have some play in it allowing the mech to lean a bit to the right.

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Am at a site now where that exact thing is happening!

Really? That makes no sense. Ball is at least 1/8" off the playfield. Something else going on there.

No idea lol. Waiting until everything is in the game before doing a final balance pass. Stuff nobody cares about right now become huge in the next update (Fossils, smart missile and especially super supply drops)

7 Likes

Any suggestions? I can tell the truck has some give in it when I try to tilt it back and forth. It’s like it’s leaning to the right when it goes clockwise so that it touches the playfield. I’m headed to the bar soon and will check again

It uses a flipper bushing. I guess make sure the screws are all tight and present. Post pics if you can

1 Like

I’ve left now, but it was sticking almost parallel to the lockdown bar (to the right, blocking the entrance to the pops), not touching the captive ball, meaning any hit to the captive ball had no effect.
Vibration would sometimes move it, but more often than not it needed a direct hit from the ball in play.
Even when the ball was resting directly against the captive ball, a direct hit often wouldn’t transfer the energy and move it.

Also had a number of balls come out of the pops via the lower ‘one-way’ gate, although I assume this should be easily fixed with some manual tweaking.

Thanks. Will do.

I’m also having one-way gate issues. I would say 3 out of 4 times I hit the target it comes right back out the one-way gate.

Anyone have a fix for the truck having too much movement? Flippers will cause the truck to move away from the captive ball which results in weak hits, or is this expected?

That’s by design. Keeps you on your toes :wink:

2 Likes

So went back to the bar and it seems fine now. Couldn’t recreate it. Also underneath everything is snug. Question though. How tight should the nut be on the other side of the trucks ball?

And it gives you a nice feed to the right flipper for a live catch, too!

Sounds awesome! I like the fossils, they’re a cool feature with cool potential, excited to see where ya go with 'em.

Excellent! Would love to collect items like Grant’s hat, Barbasol can, Hammond’s rod, Nedry’s stress toy, Nedry’s shirt, Dodgson’s Luggage, Malcolm’s glasses or satellite phone in the super supply drops.

Keith Elwin’s visual rule sheets had something about a “trifecta award” given after collecting a dinosaur’s fossil, DNA Combo, and having captured the dinosaur itself. Is this in the code yet?

Also… all the DNA Combos are listed, now. Thank you, Mr. KME!

2 Likes

I was just thinking…it’d be really cool if Rescues were worth significantly more while the dinosaur was still out on the loose.

1 Like

Ive been follwing this thread, dont know if i missed it but is there a list yet of which modes collect which fossil ? Would love to go for Trifecta award. Awesome rule to make the game versatile and reward controlled and planned play