Stern Insider Connected

It isn’t released yet. I’d wait for an official announcement but it won’t happen before the next game is released.

1 Like

Thanks @Shaub. I’m really eager to be an early adopter on my Deadpool.

2 Likes

No problem. I’m excited to see what it does for TMNT. I could definitely stand to have my interested in it renewed.

1 Like

I’d rather keep $600-1000 in my pocket then have this in my basemen. Maybe for ops, but forcing this into the home market, and a stripped down version at that, seems like a good way to price your way out a sale.

1 Like

Price increases stink for us, but until demand goes down, prices are just gonna keep going up unfortunately.

1 Like

They really shouldn’t require the QR reader for the home environment and then you could just get a $20 wifi dongle and set it up that way. Of course that wouldn’t do anything for the future games that come with the QR reader built in but at least it wouldn’t be an additional expense to check it out.

They should just make an Operator Model and let the rest of us add it as a mod. The more I think about the price tag the less excited I am about Godzilla, and I really don’t care about the added features of Insider for my home.

2 Likes

I’m sure the price increase was coming no matter what.

1 Like

some should plug in an ethernet cable and not buy any kit.

:thinking:

@pinwizj

Man, I’m so stoked for this pin, but also bummed to know the price is jumping on it. I think they dropped the release to restoke my interest.

The fact you went from being “less excited” 7 hours ago to now being “so stoked”, all from a teaser that shows absolutely nothing about the game means one thing …

@Smack847 is a marketing genius :grinning:

5 Likes

There aren’t many themes I really care about, but seeing old school Godzilla is one that gets me excited.

1 Like

8 Likes

I updated the OP again to reflect some new details that came out alongside Godzilla’s reveal today. The biggest piece of news is the estimated price of the retrofit kits ($200 wholesale), though I also address the odd clash between MSRP and wholesale prices for new Stern machines in that section.

That’s about double what I was hoping. So much for wanting everyone to want this on their existing games.

3 Likes

Frankly, after the topper debacle(s), I always had a hunch that Stern’s idea of “affordable” was different than most people’s.

Nah. Those are cash grabs plain and simple. Gomez mentioned he didn’t want to make any money on these. I highly doubt the COGS on these is $200

4 Likes

But the backend costs if this is $0/year and $0 per online player game then $200 is not really that bad.
Now if they bill ops $200-$300/year per game for PRO / added online modes then it’s not that good.

An article on Godzilla had a quote from Gary about a 6 month “discount” on the retrofit kits. So if $200USD is the wholesale price, I wonder if that would that mean for 6 months it will be less than that.