Stern Insider Connected

Do the IC Pro accounts allow multiple users? Just wondering like if the person fixing and maintaining the games is different from the operator/owner who has the IC account then these tech alerts don’t help the technician much, unless the IC account owner checks the tech alerts frequently and relays them to the technician which would be inefficient. And it doesn’t seem like best practices to allow multiple people to all be using the same username and password.

Is there a way to automatically send an email out when there are new tech alerts to a different email address than the IC account holder?

stern can add that to an enterprise level account.

No idea how much data is getting passed back and forth, but I do know 4K is not much data. You think scores, achievements, game and earnings audits can all fit on 4K?

I suspect there is also memory considerations on the machine side too.

4kb per game played is absolutely massive in this context. think of it this way: with worst case encoding, it’s 4096 characters to describe a game.

you’re not going to get a log of every switch hit, but I’m pretty sure you can get cram all the data that would otherwise be available in a machine audit into that.

2 Likes

there may be other system logs and running switch / pinball device error logs that are not just per game.

sure, a machine could generate tons of data. but we’re not talking about capturing every bit of data that a machine generates. we’re talking explicitly about the subset of data that an operator or machine owner would find immediately useful in a web interface.

and maybe to drive home the point of my original post, even if you take the oversized 4k per game estimate at face value, I’d wager the actual number of games that actually get shipped to insider connected is at least one, if not two or three orders of magnitude lower than the 33 million per day I gave allowances for…

1 Like

How often does the All Access “e-newsletter” go out? I don’t remember seeing it and not sure if it went to my spam folder or not.