Stern Godzilla Rulesheet

I’ve only seen it physically missing the gate switch. Would it be possible to swap in a wider piece to make it so a shot that passes through the gate always trips the switch?

that’s on the list to fix, no need to mod the game

5 Likes

Why?!? What is the purpose/benefit of this? Just had it happen in the middle of a great game, bridge dumped the ball SDTM. I don’t fully understand this mode and would just ignore it, except it locks me out of almost everything else.

Add this to draining twice in that same game on tail whips that rattled and found the right outlane, super frustrating. I guess the answer is “don’t shoot trains or tail whips.”

Shoot the right ramp for super trains

Preferably with lock lit on premium or LE as successful right ramp shots will return to the left flipper. Rinse, repeat. Someone posted earlier (with pics) that got 74 consecutive train loops and a 13B+ GC score. It was on slightly older code, but I’m sure paying more attention to super trains now.

1 Like

Played the second tier two battle to try to better understand the scoring and see if there was some unknown points bonanza. I didn’t succeed, but I did get to the fourth phase which is beyond what’s in the wiki. I noticed that the left ramp was lit red (rather than yellow, as all the previous jackpot shots had been).

The red shot seemed to be on a timer since it eventually turned yellow after I failed to it hit. When this happened, it also lit another shot yellow as I believe when the red shot was active it was the only shot lit.

Has anyone seen this behavior or just what happens in later stages of the battle? I almost never play it because it seems to be so low scoring compared to the other two. But maybe it gets really good if you progress fair. And/or maybe it will just be beefed up in future code updates.

1 Like

Not going to score buff a multiball then that’s all anyone would pick lol. If you want risk/reward huge points you do the fight or flee single ball battles. If you want safe points you do the multiball.

5 Likes

Fair enough, I like your thinking there. More of a “break” while playing through the risky single-ball modes instead of something you’d actively go for.

1 Like

Decided to add a “rules overview” to the top of the document. I don’t want people to read a giant essay to understand what they’re doing and these overviews tend to be far more accessible to the average reader.

2 Likes

good call, that’s much more accessible for someone trying to get an idea of what theyre doing without having to become a complete expert.

Small edit. I don’t think changing cities does anything to the destruction JP multiplier. Can’t anyone confirm?

Corrected.

1 Like

I can confirm that this was a very good idea, it makes players incentivize the risk-reward heavy modes instead of just playing a relatively safe multiball. It almost feels like a breather mode before Planet X Multiball the way it’s currently implemented.

Also can I just say I love the new easter eggs you added in this code? I cracked up when I first saw the goat in the UFO.

1 Like

Possible bug.

4th city. Had battles lit at scoop. Rampage started. Ramps lit solid for light battle. No matter how many times I hit them, scoop wasn’t lit. Only rampage.

After draining during the mode, next ball I had to hit the ramps again before the scoop would light for battle.

I don’t remember rampage locking me out of anything before.

Also at one point in one of my games, the verbal was the destruction jackpot increased to 3X. But within seconds of going for the destruction jackpot, the LCD showed 2X. Not sure what was awarded, but seems like a minor bug.

Rampage locks you out of everything else in the game so this is probably expected behavior, apart from the lights being lit.

Thanks Karl. The only thing left is I’m almost sure my battles were lit at the scoop before rampage and I lost progress after I drained out of rampage.

Just defeated Ebirah in Tokyo and animation came up saying DJP was increased to 2x, immediately shot the building to collect DJP and value shown was still at 1x.

When you shoot a DJP with 2x playfield running, the display shows the non-multiplied value, but making the shot gives you the added 2x. Make the shot and you’ll likely get the multiplied value.

Maybe just a display bug. Did the score calculate correctly?