ST1.61: 5 year mission unobtainable?

Anyone ever get to 5 year mission on the 1.61 code? I have tried twice and both times I completed the 18 missions the game just went into a state with nothing to do but shoot vengeance modes or crash altogether. I know I have played it before but not sure which code it was.

ST Pro?

Here’s some more evidence that there’s a problem:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-interest-in-a-stern-star-trek-rulesinfo-doc/page/3#post-3196227

EDIT: I’ve never gotten to 5YM on 1.61, but this is not evidence of a code problem. :slight_smile:

I played it again after this game and same thing happened. Weird that I was almost positive I had gotten to it before on 1.61 but maybe not.

I can try to do some glass-off testing tomorrow night if you want some backup confirmation.

Think I can do it in 15 minutes? And is getting it done with no Klingon or Vengeance MB is a reasonable test, or should I start at least one of each to be safe?

hahahah. So not only is it not programmed in anymore, but they put “Kai!!!” in as a mission??

2 Likes

No I did that lol. Not sure why it shows up there though.

Someone is now saying he’s started 5YM on the latest code.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-interest-in-a-stern-star-trek-rulesinfo-doc/page/3#post-3200561

I should have time to test it tonight with the glass off.

I have two instances on film so we’re trying to figure it out…

Figured it out. Playing the “three deep” strategy prevents 5YM from lighting

2 Likes

Read this just in time. Thanks for the update. Odds it’s going to be fixed with a new code release?

1 Like

Could you tell me what is this strategy? Is it doing 3 stages of the missions first to get the 2x?

Yes, get 2x and build more medals before collecting

Ugh. So if you do even one missions set 3-deep before playing KM or EA, then 5YM is a no-go?

I’m just guessing here, but it probably only happens when you play ALL of them three deep, and then your last three modes will be mode -> Kobiyashi, mode -> Enterprise Amuck, mode -> Five Year Miss-KABOOM