Seeking knowledge on The Getaway quirkiness and oddities

Is secret mania considered an illegal move in tournament rules or only if the TD declares beforehand?

Itā€™s on the official banned list for IFPA run events, so donā€™t expect an answer from Josh on that one.

Iā€™ve never heard of any rules officially banning it, but definitely falls under the unwritten ā€œdonā€™t be a dickā€ policy.

1 Like

If Soren fixes it so it doesnā€™t crash the game, would it still be banned? (Is it even worth anything worth going for??)

I guess the answer to a question if a fix will lift a ban, or make a game desirable to use, is: yes.

The real question is, when is a fix considered a fix. Or trusted to be so.

Besides, I believe the breaking issue with HS2 is the infinite ball saver in L-3. And the multiball restart in L-5. Not Secret mania (in L-5).

I now have two reports of Gear 5/Red line mania progress reset after a drain. Any further documentation of this issue is much appreciated.

We had state finals at my house last year and used Getaway with the Soren rom and had no issues. The only thing Josh didnā€™t like is you canā€™t turn off the ball saver at the start of each ball cause thereā€™s no option for it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Ha ha. That is right. The love for the ball saver. It will be in the planned version 2 mod. Just for Josh.

1 Like

I thought I understood the multiball restart issue, but Iā€™ve recently been watching some tournament footage, and now Iā€™m not so sure anymore. Every 3rd arrival per player of a ball into the lockup is supposed to restart MB, but it doesnā€™t seem to be doing this consistently.

Take this match for instance: Pinball Videos

Player 3 (Ostermeier) is doing this:
L1, L2, L3, JP, starts RLM, JP, SJP, MB restarts

This is expected, his 6th shot restarts the Multiball, so this confirms that they are actually playing the ROM that has the MB restart bug.

Player 1 (Acciari) is doing this:
L1, L2, L3, loses MB without JP, starts RLM, JP, SJP, loses RLM, starts new RLM, JP, MB does not restart

This is unexpected to me, his 6th shot does not restart the Multiball, the display says that next up is Super Jackpot. @keefer do you maybe have any insights here?