Playing-related prep: Pretty much none. I’ll try to make sure I’m dialed on critical stuff like AC/DC ramps, Black Jack tap pass, etc., but that will mostly be happening in the 1-hr warmup before the tournament and the 30-second warmups as needed.
TD-related prep: Doesn’t feel like too much, but I bet it’ll be kind of a long list. Let’s find out.
- Moved in an additional machine; 1 over capacity now for the time being, so we can have a backup
- Ordered some parts, including a stupid new TWD star rollover opto that should be shipping from Stern today
- Printed out the full bracket (thanks, Staples)
- Printed out score sheets
- Emailed all players with the latest details (waitlist, game list, etc.)
- Scheduled repair and cleaning for this week (Tues, Thurs, and Fri night)
- Scheduled time to make last-minute adjustments Friday
- Put payouts in envelopes
- Bought trophies for spots 2 through 4
- Scheduled a trip to buy snacks on Thursday
- Wrote a note with a list of announcements for the start of the tournament
- Will deposit the IFPA SCS check when it arrives today (thanks, @pinwizj and USPS Informed Delivery)
The hardest stuff on this list is the stuff I’ll get the most help with – repairs – so I really can’t complain.