Ruling question Fire! GOT

I had two things happen yesterday, one was an official ruling I made, and the other was a decision I made on my own play/game.

First was on a game of Fire! A player had a ball pass through the trough and come back to the shooter lane (it appears). I said play on. Should I have opened the game and placed the ball in the trough, and if it kicked back into the shooter lane, then say play on?

I was playing game of thrones and short plunged after a ball lock, hit a stand up and drained down the middle. I walked away pissed for draining my ball. What I didn’t remember/realize was that the playfield wasn’t validated yet, and I was served up a new ball. What I decided to do was to purposefully drain my ball and end my turn because by me walking away like that, I conceded that turn.

What do you guys and gals think?

I think the second rolling was too harsh on yourself. You had no reason to drain that ball

6 Likes

Yes. The pinball gods then decide whether to play on or not.

4 Likes

The world of playfield validation is your oyster - bask in all its glory.

7 Likes

And here’s the tutorial on validation basking

3 Likes

It’s funny cause what happened to me Saturday happens all the time and it’s 100% why I short plunge at all times. I just forget almost every time it happens because it’s usually late in a ball and your mind is never in a place where you’re thinking you should get your ball back.

GoT has another key reason to short plunge: All timers stop until a switch is detected.

If you lock a ball with high combo multipliers, or within a mode, or while WiC hurryup - short plunge keeps it all stopped until you hit a switch.

3 Likes

Oh yeah. One of my favorite sequences: start as house stark. Get 2-3x pf running, light lock, get the hurry up going on right ramp, lock ball. Short plunge, catch on right flipper. Shoot right ramp for a full value hurry up collect multiplied by as much as possible. Gotten 100-150 million from this before.

1 Like