Rules questions about that crazy WhoDunnit game at Pinburg

Thanks Mike!

Thereā€™s a tutorial video up - search for 2015 pinburgh finals.

6 Likes

OH SNAP dawg

also, boooooo

2 Likes

Hahaha. nice.

Sorry, I donā€™t have a pillow to help me get me through watching that. :slight_smile:

I had started a thread a while ago - itā€™s got a few details.

The only video of the quarterfinals game of WhoDunnit (unless thereā€™s something not on twitch) starts during ball three after the bank was stuck down so itā€™s useless.

I was able to get this to happen this evening but couldnā€™t repeat it so still unsure as to what causes the bug. Oddly enough, I also got the game to start cycling the bank up and down continually until the current ball drained but couldnā€™t repeat that more than once either.

1 Like

I think Iā€™ve sorted out how to duplicate this bug, which appears directly related to Elevator Madness mode. Starting the mode and then draining out the second ball after the ball save is over (note there is a grace period after the light stops flashing) then quickly shooting the exit lane with the remaining ball, before the bank returns, awards the 8th floor and keeps the bank lowered. I was able to do this more than a few times in a row with the ball in my hand and also pulled it off a couple times playing. Didnā€™t seem that difficult actually. Iā€™d love it if someone else with key access to a W?D could possibly try this and verify as I didnā€™t continue playing through any games more than one cycle through the floors. Iā€™d also like to make a video but my camera is currently out on loan so that wonā€™t happen before sunday perhaps.

I just attempted Jayā€™s Elevator Madness bug on my machine and it kept the bank down.

IPDB is showing several different flavors of software for WD. You guys might want to mention which version youā€™re running.

Are PinMAME rom versions same as actual game roms? If not, seems thereā€™s only two versions, 0.48 and 1.2ā€”the latter being what I have in my game.

[quote=ā€œjay, post:30, topic:835, full:trueā€]
Are PinMAME rom versions same as actual game roms?[/quote]

Not sure. If those all arenā€™t all usable for real pinball machines, I wish they would list them elsewhere. Myhomegameroom.com only lists 1.2, so itā€™s likely not an issue assuming no one is running .48 and the pinmame versions canā€™t be used.

Iā€™ll have to try my proto roms in mine and see if the problem still exists.

NGG should be Ok for single person qualifying because everyone can exploit the hole in one bug and the other bugs only occur in multiplayer situations. Has anyone experienced stack underflow for multiplayer games of CFTBL ? Iā€™ve only seen it for single player. It may be OK for multi-player usage and is not an issue with the newest ROM. In theory, since everyone can exploit stack underflow, the game could be used under any conditions.

Made a video this afternoonā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™m running 1.2

Like when Josh got the Super Jackpot on T2 at PAPA 14 finals, buuuutt actually didnā€™t, according to the software.

1 Like

Or the videoā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Luckily those points ended up not mattering in the match. Otherwise that video would have been slowed down and watched more times than the Zapruder film, or the Music City Forward Pass. :^)

is that with the latest software and the stage ball disabled? If only my WD wasnā€™t still packed up and vertical from NWPC I would try as well :smile:

v1.2 seems to be the last known version so I would probably call it the latest. The video I posted was with the staged ball disabled but it appears to behave the same regardless of that setting.