Pre-TPF Flip Frenzy

https://www.facebook.com/events/346396114162511/

7PM on Thu Mar 24, at the Free Play DENTON location. (101 W Hickory St, Denton TX)
Free to enter with membership/paid venue admission ($12)
Admission includes unlimited play of all games.

3 hour flip frenzy followed by 1 hour flip frenzy finals for top 8.

The venue is located on the “downtown square” of a college town slightly north of DFW so parking can be tricky. Free and paid lots are available, there is no dedicated parking. Carpooling or sharing an Uber/Lyft/Taxi from the hotel or airport is recommended.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1tOZc-T41GwNdQfDSQLW1LfRJwLWseTgh
(this map doesn’t include FP but it is right next to the “More Fun Comics And Games” that shows up if you zoom in)

FROM THE AIRPORT:

Take TX 121 N to Sam Rayburn Tollway N. Exit onto I-35E N. Take I-35E N to Dallas Dr (US-77) exit. Turn right onto Eagle Dr than almost immediately left onto S Locust St. Take S Locust st north into downtown, then find parking. The closest parking lot is the “Williams Square” public parking (make sure to pay attention to the sign that delineates which lot is free and which is paid, right next to the wells fargo is paid).

FROM EMBASSY SUITES FRISCO:

There are 2 ways to get there, traffic conditions will affect which one is faster.

First way: Take Sam Rayburn Tollway S to I-35E N. Proceed as described in the “Airport” directions.

Second way: Take Dallas North Tollway N to University Dr (US 380). Turn left (West) on University Dr. Take 380/University into Denton past the 288 loop, then turn left on Mockingbird Ln, and almost immediately right onto Mingo Rd. Mingo Rd will turn into N Bell Ave, proceed along it into downtown, find parking. The closest parking lot is the “Williams Square” public parking (make sure to pay attention to the sign that delineates which lot is free and which is paid, right next to the wells fargo is paid).

Also, for those in the area, or who are coming several days early for TPF, the same venue is having their monthly 3 strikes tournament on Monday the 21st. Same deal, free with admission.

interesting idea with the format, is there a player cap for the event?

I don’t see this on IFPA calendar, did it just get submitted ?

Per the TD: “Yes, Had to talk to them so expect to see it in a couple days if not tonight.” Think it got submitted very last minute.

Capping at 60.

The current games at the venue (subject to change) are:

ACDC Luci
AFM remake
Black Knight I (the OG)
Avengers IQ Pro
Centaur
Star Trek Pro
Stern JP Premium
Denton Heat (custom retheme of Hollywood Heat)
Led Zep Pro
NBA Fastbreak
Shadow
ST: TNG
TNA
Metallica Pro
Mando Premium
Scared Stiff
T2
Baby Pac-Man (very unlikely to be used as it isn’t in the same section of the arcade as the other pins)

1 Like

This is tonight! Check in time is at 6:45 Central SHARP, there’s still about 15 or so spots left as of 10:15 this morning

Will this event be returning in 2023?