2022 Events - Dates and Links

@pinwizj any idea when is your deadline to make a decision on IFPA17?

End of the month. Weā€™re working on the rescheduling details now assuming that we will be postponing.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the reality is that the tournament is at the whims of whatever dates Ivan and the show organizers choose. @JSwain - I presume youā€™re in a similar situation that whatever Gabriel and the Pintastic show team chooses is what youā€™ll adapt to.

On the original schedule, PinFest was the same exact weekend at Yegpin (both Pro Circuit events) which was naturally going to result in a split of top players.

PinFest for the past two years was also two weeks prior to the NYCPC, and while that event isnā€™t a Pro Circuit event, itā€™s absolutely a high-caliber event (that earned more WPPRs in 2019 than PinFest) where top players traveling long distances would have to make decisions about going to one, both, or neither.

Looking at the Pro Circuit schedule as I understand it to be at-the-moment (assuming the above events continue as scheduled), thereā€™s a huge compression of events in the May/June/July timeframe. And this list doesnā€™t include any non-Circuit events (like @recordboyā€™s) that Iā€™m sure are already on the schedule and would be a draw for players. Itā€™s also missing any postponed events (like the Pro Circuit Finals themselves) that have yet-to-be rescheduled.

Event ST/PR Date
Yegpin AB 5/1/2020
5/8/2020
Golden State CA 5/15/2020
Cactus Jackā€™s OK 5/22/2020
5/29/2020
6/5/2020
PinFest PA 6/12/2020
City Champ CA 6/20/2020
Pintastic MA 6/26/2020
7/3/2020
Pinburgh PA 7/9/2020
1 Like

There will likely be more compression ahead and more events bumping into each other, assuming they resume at all this year. Events are further constrained by open dates at the venues involved when at a hotel, fairgrounds, etc. There may be jurisdictional differences in when things open up again, i.e. state X reopens before state Y. At this point, events should focus on their own situations and not worry much about other events that may or may not be held as planned or even as first-rescheduled. If youā€™re that concerned about conflicting events, maybe cancel rather than postpone, but do whatā€™s right for your own attendees first and foremost.

8 Likes

Totally understand you are at Ivanā€™s whim to when he can reschedule. At Pintastic Iā€™m a member of the show organizers/planners but in the end in our talks we know itā€™s largely limited to the venues availability in all this.

Pinball at the Zoo has been rescheduled for October 1-3

1 Like

Golden State festival in Lodi, CA added to cancellation list.

Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show in June canceled

1 Like

Wow seems early to cancel

The thinking was that even if restrictions on large events are lifted, the virus will still be around, and the sheer amount of people all waiting in line to basically touch the same objects makes it a sanitation nightmare. I think they undoubtedly made the right call.

12 Likes

unfortunately I donā€™t think large events are going to happen until thereā€™s a vaccine. Small tournaments maybe after the summer but canā€™t see Pinburgh happening. MAYYYYBE the 24 hour battle in November.

5 Likes

Fully agree with your assessment Richthofen. To much risk in larger events from players all over the nation / world attending. Iā€™m thinking September at earliest for a larger event to take place.

Will they change the Refund rules? Will people hold out an get an 100% one when they cancel? Are the satellite tournaments winners slots locked even if canā€™t go? IF the IFPA shutdown is still on?
No news on there site is bad. Even if it just an note saying still planed to happen

Iā€™ve been telling people the same, I donā€™t foresee any large events before the NW championship at the earliest, and I wouldnā€™t put money on that, either. Might be new player guidelines, too.

The world is basically shut down right now. No one has timelines or answers for anythingā€¦and even if they did, the guidelines are changing every other day.

You sound concerned, so for what itā€™s worth, all tickets and bookings Iā€™ve been involved with that have been canceled due to Covid, pinball or not, have been refunded in full so far.

5 Likes

The airlines just want to give you an credit must complete travel by of year or 1 year from the time you got the tickets. What ever comes first :upside_down_face:

concerned about local places not coming back and about planing for ANY big event.

For what itā€™s worth, my wife is part of a response team and sits in on meetings with the CDC. Itā€™d be great for things to get back to normal as soon as possible. Unfortunately, without going into great detail, I donā€™t anticipate traveling for any tournaments for the rest of the year. Restrictions are expected to largely remain with some exceptions in incremental steps until a vaccine is available.

6 Likes

Ouch. That sucks. Thanks for sharing the insight from your wife. I hope she continues to remain healthy as she serves our country.
Pinball can wait.

1 Like

IFPA-sanctioned events suspended until further notice

But there needs to be an point where the year long stuff like SCS is killed or the eligibility rules are changed / modded to be fair to if any small event only opens later in the year vs the per shutdown group sizing.

Email us a detailed proposal to ifpapinball@gmail.com and Iā€™ll evaluate it along with the other board members.

8 Likes