Pittsburgh Pinball Open 2016 roll call and hype

Just got the ok from work to attend this year. Gotta be one of my favorite events, if not my favorite. Four game papa style qualifying, single elimination playoffs (assuming that’ll be the same), PPL clubhouse on wharton, doublewide grill, papatv, kickass people. Who is in?

4 Likes

What exactly is PPO? Is there a link to some information?

Pittsburgh Pinball Open 7. Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/491411817710575/

I’m in.

Title edited :slight_smile:

1 Like

Greetings

1 Like

Hoping to see BBH, 24, WWELE, and Transporter in the main bank

Circuit points from PPO

100 Steve Bowden
75 Aleksander Kaczmarczyk
60 Nick Zendejas
50 Greg Galanter
45 Trent Augenstein
40 Sanjay Shah
35 Tim Sexton
30 Evan Bingham
28 Cryss Stephens
26 David Riel
24 Alberto Santana
22 Mahesh Murthy
20 Walt Lannis
18 Francesco La Rocca
16 Jon Replogle
14 Tony Pierce
12 Ed Zeltmann
11 Tyler Sutton
10 John Delzoppo
9 Pete Hendricks
8 Aaron Metz
7 Brian Shepherd
6 Ed Williams WV
5 Jason Werdrick

@BMU

Thanks for the info. Jorian got the other 100 Circuit points today; I watched as they streamed the Boras finals on Twitch, where he beat Per Ahlenius in 5 games. Jorian won games 1 and 2 on NBAFB and I500; Per won games 3 and 4 on WH2O and Star Trek [Stern]. Jorian won game 5 on MM 49M to 40M.

I’ll update the Circuit stuff and pass it on to Mark as son as I get the full Boras results.

1 Like

Did they break ties out with qualifier result too? :slight_smile:

yes…it was known beforehand. Cost me 8 circuit points :slight_smile:

I don’t have full results for Boras, but I do have the two finalists, and it looks like no one in the playoffs besides Jorian had prior Circuit points this season, so the 3rd place person would have 60 points now and still be outside the top 40. Which are, unofficially:

1 Like

From papa.org circuit qualifying rules:

“Final Circuit standings will be determined promptly after the last Circuit event. Any player in the top 40 of the rankings will be invited to the Circuit Final. The tiebreaker for the 40th position will be determined by whichever player has the highest finish in a Circuit event in that season. If a tie remains after a single event, the next highest finish will be considered. This process will proceed until the tie is broken, or a coin flip is required.”

@PAPA_Doug, does this also apply to ties in the top 40 that are NOT for 40th position? Meaning, if myself and Bob are tied but I have the highest finish in a circuit event this season would that mean I’m 7 and Bob is 8?

Evan,

There have been ties before. (I was in a tie myself in 2014-2015.) Yes, you’d be the #7 seed now.

1 Like