Pingolf: example goals and setting advice

Dang! Fixed. I’ll preserve my snarky response for posterity. Sorry @YeOldPinPlayer!

1 Like

I recall quite vividly that Pinmasters used 600M on Demo Man one year - - vividly because after a couple of balls I had 599,999,600.

5 Likes

This this this! (I have nothing to add, I just think this line is important enough to get its own post.)

3 Likes

First State Flippers is running its first PinGolf tournament of 2021 this weekend (4/17) and I thought I would update this thread with the games and objectives we are using. All games are set to 5-ball. Max score is 6 if you do not hit the goal in 5 balls or less.

Paragon - Spell Paragon (drops also award a letter)

Harlem Globetrotters - Spell GLOBE (drop’s do NOT add letters)

Iron Man - Start Whiplash MB

Attack From Mars - START Martian Attack (Not available as scoop award. Also, you only have to start the mode, you do not have to then complete the 4 martians to actually start MB)

Metallica - Start Grave Marker MB

Deadpool - Defeat any enemy

Iron Maiden - Start Mummy MB (no letters spotted at start of game)

Stars - Score 100,000

Comet - Complete 1986

Game of Thrones - Complete Stark (disabling lockdown bar button)

Guardians of the Galaxy - Start Groot MB

Stranger Things - Start 2X scoring

Some of the ones we used last year at our first ever PinGolf tournament:

Meteor - Collect 4X Bonus

Flight 2000 - Score 350,000

Jurassic Park - Start Raptor MB

Monster Bash - Start Full Moon Fever

Comet - Collect Duck Bonus

Game of Thrones - Start Blackwater MB

Grand Lizard - Light the cave for 40K

Fish Tales - Collect Monster Fish

Wild Fyre - Score 125,000

@TaylorVA Are you asking for advice on these? If so, this is an incredibly difficult and frustrating set of objectives. Nearly every one of them can be failed, requiring the player to completely start over with all progress lost. In some cases, they are harder the second time through.

1 Like

@ryanwanger

No, I was just posting some examples.

We played these Sunday and there are definitely some tweaks that need to be made. Stars was tough and everyone scored a 6. Will probably just go with a score threshold next time. JP and WOZ were hit or miss, half the players got them in 2-3 and the other half maxed out.

Yeah that Stars one seemed really tough, also since it resets completely each ball, it is one of those “which ball did you get a hole in one on?” objectives.

1 Like

Agree with @ryanwanger that objectives should be things where progress carries from ball to ball. Combos would be a good Avengers objective, for instance.

1 Like