World Cup Soccer
World Poker Tour

Machines with 3 copies:
Meteor

Let me know if I missed anything.

4 Likes

The hidden fourth Meteor? :rofl:

2 Likes

Funny that Elvis was OCR’d to EMs in the bank 22 in this sheet.

3 Likes

Fixed!

How does the IGC work? I know it’s a limited entry (I think 10 entries?), but what is qualifying seeding based on?

Seeing “EMs” in the DMD column was very confusing for a second. Also Swinger is showing as SIMnger in bank 7 on the doc.

1 Like

It’s the Dialed In code update where you collect SIMngers after modes.

3 Likes

Clearly someone’s done some Strange Science there and the game was lost in time.

Playfield validation shenanigans on Sopranos was the reason I dreaded playing it in league. It wasn’t just super elite players who figured out you could basically play for minutes on end, start Multiball and score a super jackpot just with judicious plunging and intentional drains, without even starting the ball save timer. It took forever, but if you were dedicated to victory regardless of tedium, it wasn’t that hard.

1 Like

Intergalactic is Herb style ‘best game’ qualifying. So scores against each machine are ranked. Top score earns 100pts, 2nd earns … 99 pts? and so on. All your points are summed across all the machines you played (and earned ranking points on) and put into a league against everyone else. Top 40 qualify for finals.

At least that’s roughly my memory of how it worked on previous years, but if anyone wants to confirm or correct this, please feel free.

that’s it

I wouldn’t say it’s “Herb style best game qualifying”. I’d call it “limited entry best game qualifying.” Herb implies that entries aren’t limited.

5 Likes

Looks like Baywatch is the earliest of the “DMD and later” category this year. (Feb 1995)
Anyone notice an earlier pin than that in DMD?

Flintstones

1 Like

Flintstones (July 1994)

Ten million strong, and growing.

3 Likes

DMD and Later: Flintstones, July 1994

Late SS/Early DMD: Corvette, August 1994
Road Show, October 1994
Shadow, November 1994

:male_detective:

1 Like

Bank 85 seems to be one of Wonka’s unspoken rules: “Don’t play my pinball machine.”

El Toro, Hook, Catacomb are wild alone, but together…

2 Likes

I didn’t realize they had two High Hands. When I saw it in the IPC lineup I figured that meant it wouldn’t make the stage for Pinburgh finals. What a relief!

… It was actually Meteor all along.