pinballvideos.com

I use that software. It’s only like $100 bucks for a perpetual license.

1 Like

Yeah, I honestly didn’t notice the watermark. I normally use Premiere Pro since it’s part of my adobe creative license, but it doesn’t play nice with .mkv. I’ll be reuploading these without the watermark.

2 Likes

i thought it was a stupid YT ad for a while lol

I just finished re-uploading the watermarked videos, now with 100% less watermarks! lol

8 Likes

Thanks all of your hard work all week for the stream setup. Doing the amount of streaming we did is not easy, not even Pinburgh did the Match Play qualification rounds and all of the playoffs rounds for each tournament and even thou there wasn’t any commentary for the qualification rounds it was nice to see the gameplay.

We had some wireless/camera issues but have some good solutions next year on how to improve that for next year. Overall great quality stream and thanks to all those commentators that took their tournament time to help us with adding value for all of the viewers!

2 Likes

Please share if you don’t mind. What was causing connection issues? What solutions did you find?

Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry chuck, missed your message there.

It was actually a few things combined.

First and foremost, I discovered a “fun” quirk of the Hollylands, line of sight doesn’t actually work as well if they are not in a vertical position (no matter how you orient the antennas). I had the pf tx basically coming straight off the rig so it was sitting horizontal (not ideal, but I had a clamp and a magic arm fail so I was working with what I had to keep it solid). So, try to keep those Hollylands vertical.

The previous issue when combined with movement of the rig (sometimes small, sometimes more substantial like moving the rig from game to game) seemed to exacerbate connection issues. I think the movement thing was less the issue and more just the horizontal line of sight thing, but it was something I was able to repeat so it certainly was playing a part.

The third thing is Millenium Place, where we put on YEGpin, is a pretty packed facility (hockey rinks, pools, running tracks, etc), so there is a lot going on in the wireless spectrum. This kept causing the Hollylands to try and frequency jump to get a better signal. I think this one combined with the first issue were the two major points, and I don’t think it would have been as big of a deal if we were not using 3 wireless cameras (easier to slot 1 or 2 signals in a crowded space than 3). Hollyland doesn’t really like it when you’re like “no, go to channel 2” and it gets there and finds it’s kind of packed, but if you can space out your 3 cameras (say on channel 2, 5 and 8) they tend to stay pretty rock solid until the batteries die.

Another issue, though slightly less glaring, was a limitation I had with being able to raise the receivers up high enough. It was mostly fine (and always fine when we were streaming something on the floor and not on the stage), but it did give a few issues as well. I think going forward I’m probably going to look into setting my riser up more like a tree, so the line of sight on from the transmitters to the receivers is a bit cleaner. I’ve already resolved the transmitter mounting issues on the streaming rig.

Thanks so much! Good tip on keeping them vertical. I will do the same. Also I have found to keep them far apart as you can on each end. Also I can confirm the spread of frequencies is a thing. Read about it somewhere else online and I’ve had better luck keeping the channels at least 2 apart for each set.

If I learn anything new from using 3 sets at Pincinnati I’ll let you know.

Yeah I also try to space them apart on the rig, it definitely seems to help in particular when the rig is on an angle that’s almost parallel to the receivers. I think, ultimately, it would be tough to have the transmitters set up in a way that’s bulletproof all of the time, but at least by figuring out their little idiosyncrasies we can troubleshoot and get things running smooth more often.

Wish you luck at Pincinnati and look forward to anything else you might learn there!

1 Like

Just got done streaming the CLE PIN tournaments. No issues what so ever with the transmitters. I kept them far apart from each other and stood them straight up on the top of the rig.

The rig wasn’t much further way from the computer than 30 ft or so.

Kept the channels on each at least 2 channels apart.

4 Likes

I assume you have the CLEPIN footage saved somewhere and will upload it when you have the chance?

1 Like

You assume correct sir. I have to splice some pieces together and get all the time stamps on it. Hopefully I can do it before super series this week.

1 Like

CLE PIN Women’s Qualifying and Finals, and Main Qualifying. Still have to complete Main Finals.

5 Likes

nice job, i wanted to get NWPC 2022 in there but i am not sure if there is a way to participate?

1 Like

Just looked it up, we already got it in our task queue. I’ll try to get some of those tournaments done next week after EPC.

@spraynard would you mind asking Vince again about the status of the IFPA 17 stream? It’s totally fine if the editing takes a while, it’s just that my anxiety about the stream maybe being lost forever is rising again.

1 Like

“Should be within a few weeks. Long story but vids are safe” – Vince

1 Like

CLE PIN Main Finals

2022 CLE PIN Main Finals

4 Likes

NKY Pinball Open Pregame strikes

1 Like

NKY Pinball Main Event. this is still uploading check back in a few hours.

1 Like

This is game five of the best-of-five final of the LPA Superpin main tournament in Lund, Sweden last weekend between Viggo and Arvid (ranked 8th and 6th in the world, respectively). Viggo is player 1.

No commentary, but well worth a watch. One of the best matches of I500 I have ever seen. Tap passes, like a dozen 3x jackpots, etc.

LPA Superpin 2022 - YouTube

5 Likes