pinballvideos.com

I’m actually getting a big kick out of it - not that I’d probably do much re-watching but it’s interesting to just see all the walking away reactions and hear the commentators repeated ohhhh’s.

1 Like

Really cool and useful for learning!

1 Like

I’d say by far the most deceptive drain is the slow ball that looks like it’s going into the inlane, but it rattles on the post and shifts into the outlane. The very first drain by DJ looks harmless and suddenly it’s gone. There are a bunch more like this throughout.

It’s quite a useful video. So few unforced errors!

1 Like

For anyone feeling particularly masochistic, I implemented player drain reels.

For instance, here’s @raydaypinball’s drain reel: http://pinballvideos.com/p/raymond-davidson/drainReel

Enjoy!

8 Likes

mean and fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For completeness’ sake I now also implemented machine drain reels. I suppose it could be useful for getting a feeling of how a particular machine likes to drain.

For instance, here’s Iron Maiden’s drain reel: http://pinballvideos.com/m/iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast/drainReel

Also, this is pretty useless, but if you need some eye bleach after watching all those drains, you can use “plungeReel” instead of “drainReel” in any of these sorts of URLs.

4 Likes

I just switched the latest tech update from early patron access to public access. It’s mainly about performance improvements, including faster initial page load, faster tab navigation, and faster filters, all of which should be particularly noticeable on slower devices like phones.

Please let me know if anything isn’t working the way it should. In case something is seriously broken, the old version is still available at https://legacy.pinballvideos.com/.

3 Likes

Space city finals here. At least one game in their that I don’t see in your database yet plus a 91 million point crossbow shot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Free Play Florida women’s, classics, and main added. Also added some footage from GPA Herbstcon classics and main but there’s no commentary and the video quality is shaky at times. Have some footage of Paul Englert. He’s only 12 years old yet ranked in the top 300 after this tournament. Some impressive skills for sure!

4 Likes

Just added indisc classics 1. Af-Tor and JJP pirates tutorials from buffalo pinball. I’ve been taking a break from adding stuff lately. Looks like @umbilico posted the ifpa16 finals, and some ECS tournies.

Anyone can post suggested tournament footage to add here from youtube if y’all like. Won’t promise that it will be added because there’s so much of it out there. Still doesn’t hurt for us to know about it just in case.

2 Likes

2018 Upstate NY Championship

2 Likes

@stevevt thanks.

Also just added bat city open 2019

3 Likes

WIPT added

3 Likes

I just want to say: thanks! Awesome site. I’ve spent a LOT of time there.

2 Likes
1 Like

I added Pinburgh with Live Info.

Also, I added the hidden option “keepFocus” in the bottom right: Previously, keyboard shortcuts stopped working after clicking somewhere in the video itself, because then the YouTube iframe received all keyboard inputs instead of the website. With the option on, the website steals back focus from the iframe after 3 seconds, which makes the shortcuts work again. The option is off by default, because it might mess with your ability to use the YouTube settings menu if you’re not fast enough.

I don’t think I added the ECS tournies. If you didn’t either, we might have a benevolent intruder in the admin panel :slight_smile:

How does one become a benevolent intruder?

1 Like

Right now, Evan and I are the only people with admin accounts, but if anyone wants to donate their time and become a regular contributor too, I’m open to having more admins. There’s no glory in it, and it’s a bit of a commitment, but the admin tools are easy enough to use. If anyone’s interested, just PM me.

I’m an admin now too. Just added Intergalactic 2019.

I’ll take a few requests if there are other videos out there that people would like to see added but haven’t been.

Would love to do the rest of INDISC 2019 if/when those videos get uploaded to youtube. Paging @kdeangelo

2 Likes

Pintastic Silverball Rumble plz

2 Likes