pinballvideos.com

@heyrocker & @CFFlegs 's commentary on that WOz video was interesting to me primarily because it was clear just how complicated WOz’s ruleset is and/or how hard it is to do commentary. There was a point when the playfield was lit up like a bowl of skittles and you were trying to figure out which BALL mode was running that amused me. :wink:

(also @heyrocker: is ‘reply in new thread’ a feature that’s been removed?)

3 Likes

If so it is because it was removed in a recent update to the forum software, its nothing I did explicitly.

I had to search for it the other day. Hit the Link icon (and two chain links) and then there’s a “+ New topic” action from there. A bit confusing but what are you gonna do…

1 Like

I added a few videos, thanks for the suggestions.

http://pinballvideos.com/sitemap/videos

Some new stuff, too, I didn’t have any Domino’s, Hobbit, or Royal Rumble footage before.

5 Likes

Just grabbed a stern Viper. Don’t see any good gameplay video out there. Once I figure out all the rules I’ll try and put into set the cameras at The Sanctum and shoot a good tutorial of sorts.

5 Likes

I’ve tweaked the site a bit to address a few issues with long loading times (thanks @haugstrup for the suggestions).

If the site took a long time loading for you before, please try it now, there should be a noticeable difference.

Another thing, I just had a chance to check out Bowen’s Patreon, and I think it’s pretty cool and worth supporting, so I added a little donation prompt to his tutorials on pinballvideos. I hope no one’s too bothered by this, you only have to click it away once, and maybe this might help getting us more high quality tutorials.

6 Likes

Never heard of this game before. Please tell me what happens at around the 2:50 mark here :wink:

1 Like

Ouch. That looks like loads of fun. :angry:

The center is a round bank of standup targets and the top of it a ball falls into it and it’s a cannon. It rotates 360 degrees and an extra flipper button fires it. They managed to very poorly chose to shoot it down the outlane!

1 Like

Bwahahaha. Seriously? They intentionally fired the ball toward the outlane? Fire better! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure if it was intentional or not. That video doesn’t exactly look like they have much of a clue what they are doing :wink:

Added Bowen’s X-Men Tutorial after he released it to the masses, and IE Pinball’s Hobbit tutorial (marked @kdeangelo as player, hope that’s right).

4 Likes

Used to have one of these in the arcade by my house. It’s pretty fun and rarely talked about. I remember enjoying it.

If it’s not too time consuming, can you add the ifpa nationals and women’s finals? I can resend the email if you need

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me, and for sending that video data in the first place. I’ve added the IFPA 2015 Women’s Pinball Championship and the IFPA 2015 US National Pinball Championship.

I just did a quick check to see if this was the first time I added footage of games by female players. It wasn’t.

3 Likes

Added some pinball101 tutorials I’ve missed. Most of those games haven’t been tutorialized before.

1 Like

This is up. I’ll send you an email too.

1 Like

Thank you. I don’t see it on the site, yet, though? Does it have to be approved by a mod?

1 Like

@umbilico uploads them all manually

Cal Extreme 2016 links sent

1 Like

Thanks, added NW Pinball Championship 2016 and California Extreme 2016.

Also, Escher is one of my favorite commentators. Any game he’s on is an interesting watch.

3 Likes