pinballvideos.com

I finally got to adding the rest of the PPO 2015 games, thanks @PinballNarcissist for making my job a lot easier.

@stevevt: Yes, those PAPA 16 videos are not in there. My notes say that the quarter- and semifinal streams were just too disjointed to put them up in an archived format. If I remember correctly, there was a 1h+ match on Godzilla that would have been awesome to add, since there’s no tournament footage at all on that machine, but it was cut away from so often to show other matches that it just didn’t make sense adding it to pinballvideos.

@PinballNarcissist: The IEPinball stuff should already be in there. I didn’t do those 20+ hours of Pin-Masters, but I got INDISC 2012, INDISC 2015, IFPA 2014 US NPC, and California Extreme 2015.

1 Like

Thanks. Yup, there are cutaways throughout these videos.

If it’s worth it, you might want to include the quarterfinals heads-up tiebreaker on Genesis between Robert Gagno and Sean Grant that starts around 3:14:09.

You might want to add this pretty thorough thrashing of X-Men by Keith Elwin on the pinball101 channel:

[ http://tinyurl.com/xmenthrashing ]

I think there are a few others on that channel you don’t have, too. E.g., AC/DC Pinball - Cal Extreme Finals 2013.

Yet another channel to track:

Nate S. will be adding a series of hangout/instructional videos here. The first one, AC/DC with Keith Elwin, was posted last week.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

do you know when you’ll get Expo 2015 up? I was on camera for some of that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is this on youtube somewhere?

1 Like

We can leave that footage out . . . I know how it ends :wink:

3 Likes

@stevevt: Thanks, I’ll look into it. If I remember correctly, I didn’t use a few pinball101 tournament videos because there was no commentary.

@genex: If your question was directed at me: If it were up to me, I would have added Expo 2015 in October, but it’s not – I don’t have any control over when those videos become available on YouTube. Over at PAPA tutorial edit schedule Mark said that uploading streams to YouTube isn’t high priority, but he didn’t give an ETA for Expo.

I wanna see the footage of your match against mish paull the night before. That was some long playing time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. It makes sense to draw the line somewhere, but I’d personally rather see high-level competition with no commentary than a gameplay video with no commentary.

OK, so you want competition videos with commentary that you don’t already have?

Take a look here:

I’ve spot checked a handful, and none of them is on your site. Not sure if that’s going to true for all of them.

1 Like

Thanks for posting that Steve. There is lots of good footage there that should be aggregated on pinballvideos. Namely the Pinburgh 2012 B Finals - WCS and Fast Draw.

1 Like

Putting them on pinballvideos is fine, but it would be better if you linked to those videos via PAPA’s youtube account, rather than CGR’s. The proper links for all four can be found on papa.org.

The pinburgh 2012 div b finals, that is.

3 Likes

2015 Chicago Pinball Expo is on youtube :slightly_smiling:

Finals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piwo9c0jpS8

Early Rounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vh23SVO5dM

4 Likes

Thanks, I haven’t had much time recently, but I hope I’ll get to it soon.

1 Like

Sent email with timestamps for expo 2015 final rounds.

There is so much tournament footage that it’s going to be almost impossible to keep up!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for doing this again – I added the videos.

You know how it is with those hobby projects, sometimes they just don’t get the time they deserve. You’re absolutely right that it’s become harder than it was when I was just archiving the PAPA back catalogue, but I absolutely intend to continue adding all tournament footage.

More of an issue is the abundance of footage from regular twitch streamers. Most of that doesn’t fit well, but I might easily be missing out on some nice tutorials.

Another thing, papa.org had a major redesign of their website, now featuring a video archive on their home page. I haven’t read about that anywhere and found out about it by accident – gonna post another thread, in case other people missed that too. (Edit: papa.org video index)

1 Like

While I was at it, I added INDISC 2016. Check out this kid: http://pinballvideos.com/?v=1079&s=17377. That’s the next generation of pinball pros.

2 Likes

Sent an email with the papa circuit final times/players/games

1 Like

Thanks, the circuit finals are up: http://pinballvideos.com/?e=PAPA%20Circuit%20Final%202015-16

3 Likes

Did you see that Karl put up 2016 Nationals/Womens and Pin-Masters?

(Woohoo!)

2 Likes

PAPA posted papa 19 finals to youtube…already emailed you with games/names/times.

They still haven’t transferred LAX 2016 to youtube yet, hope it hasn’t gone unnoticed.

2 Likes

Just emailed you the timestamps for the 2015 IFPA Nationals and Women’s tournament. @umbilico hope you’re alright :slight_smile:

1 Like