Pinball: The Musical

As part of Awesome Theatre’s Your New Favorite Musical stage competition, I am proud to present to you my pitch for the next greatest American musical…

Pinball: The Musical!

From write and composer Derek Lipkin (i.e., me), this show will take you into another dimension—a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of pins. :smile:

I had fun making this, and really want to share with the world. I think some folks will get a kick out of it. We’ll see if I get selected for the next round! If so, get excited for a mini stage version—truly, the mini-playfield of musicals!

9 Likes

I was once involved in a several thousand word debate with an esteemed player from Portland about how to properly retheme a GotG into CATS. The only thing we agreed upon at the end was a few modes and using the filmed Broadway production soundtrack, and not any of the earlier productions or, heaviside layer forbid, the recent Hollywood film.

I love it. What modes? And what would Groot become?

1 Like

Unfortunately the it was about a month ago and I’m not sure where to find it. There were definitely passionate arguments on both sides as to what Cat went with what song. I remember Skimbleshanks was designated for the orbit mode because trains. It made sense at the time but at least one of us was drinking.

@FRESHPOETIC
I just saw the video and sounds like fun. How is it going? My suggestion would be to get a few songs uploaded on Youtube and start pitching for Crowdfunding or investors. If you can get a good mix of hip hop, Broadway and rock I think the only thing left is getting it out there.
Good luck!

It’s going well! I won my round! Pinball: The Musical defeated Color Your World in the first round of the competition. And two further musicals won their rounds, as well—so the final three are set! (Though, and I do mean to brag a little, mine was the only one to win with unanimous votes!)

The competition is actually for a production budget and support from Awesome Theatre. So if I win the finals, then I’ll receive exactly that! They will help produce an hour-long version of the show. Assuming I even get that far, then I think I could think about crowdfunding or investors. It’s still a bit of a pipe dream at the moment.

But glad you enjoyed! I should probably get back to writing it soon. The final round will probably be some time in Q3 or O4 2021. That’ll sneak up on me if I am not careful. If I do some more recording, I’ll definitely share!

3 Likes