Pinball goals for 2017

DQ got rainchecked on a repair date, but it has one!

I may have the time and motivation to produce… someday soon.

(Note: “majors = circuit events”) Pinvasion and CLEPIN mark the list, with OBX and Magfest booked!

At Pinvasion I pulled this off! Does basement of Pinburgh count?

(Skipping the next 2, they completed in January)

I think I have enough tournaments to safely say I did this, although I have not taken a formal body count :wink:

Just broke the top 200 at Superelectric! Woo!

I’m well off on the first part of this…the second is up to a lot of thinking and good play.

Roll Safe you can’t fudge a classics ticket if you don’t play one.

2 Likes

Proud to state I’ve been very successful on this goal. Hope to continue on it.

6 Likes

It’s always nice when we have new players join our league and we see them blossom into really good players. Good on ya!

1 Like

Time to take stock of my achievements, or lack thereof.

:x: Qualify for C division finals at PAPA
Started strong, but decided not to light money on fire in the waning hours of qualifying. Probably should have tried B division, based on how much I like those games vs. the C lineup.

:x: Reassemble my Farfalla, which I left unfinished 5+ years and one home ago
No progress, no excuses.

:x: Finish top 8 at Pinball at the Zoo (PAPA circuit?)
Nope.

:heavy_check_mark: Qualify for B or C division finals at Pinburgh (depending on how day 1 goes)
Played meh on day one, crushed day two to get a bye in C division. Played like hot garbage in finals, which is mercifully outside the scope of this goal.

:heavy_check_mark: Win B division of Chicago Pinball League (tough, considering the roster)
Finished 5th for the season and qualified for A finals, which is way better than I could’ve hoped, so we’ll count this as a win.

:x: Score 1 billion on The Walking Dead
Nope.

:x: Find a nice BSD
Found a kid instead.

:heavy_check_mark: Stop being a baby about the queue at Expo and compete
Put up nearly 4 billion on BM66 as part of a pretty solid qualifying run. Limited entries combined with starting ASAP Thursday morning allowed me to skip most of the waiting. Made A finals, got destroyed by Sunshine and New Zach.:tm:

2 Likes
  • Win a tournament. I had 4 or 5 top 4 finishes this year but no wins.
    Did this in January of 2017 at a weekly and haven’t repeated it since. Lots of second place finishes though.

• Hit top 500 IFPA ranking. This should be doable.
    Currently at 431 and will go up a bit after Seattle Pinball League results are posted to IFPA

• Travel outside the PNW and qualify for a tournament. Might be too lazy to do this one.
    Went to Vancouver Flip Out in September so that kinda counts. I am also going to INDISC in January so I think I am going to consider this a success as well.

I think accomplishing all of my goals means that I didn’t make them hard enough. I’ll have to set harder goals for next year.

Make A division of the cincy league. I did and I won it all!

Qualify in A for at least one tournament (classics or main) at the Louisville show and Cleveland show. I missed out on LAX, but did qualify for Cleveland classics. That was a bright spot as I did it with an absolutely stupid score on Medusa. 2.5 million when second place was 900k. Flamed out in the first round of finals though. Oh well.

Have a winning record against players ranked higher than me (ifpa rank) at Pinburgh. Not sure how easily I can track this one. I did so bad at pinburgh I don’t even need to calculate this one. Fail!!

Also pretty happy that I went from just under 2000 at the end of 2016, to now being in the low 700s.

4 Likes

Figured I’d check in and hold myself accountable. The 2018 list will go into that thread when I’ve got a few minutes to type it all up.