"Pinball & Cancer: Two Journeys" stream

I am not usually one to self-promote, however I feel strongly about this mission I have begun and feel the need to share.

I started a Twitch stream in September and will be broadcasting every Tuesday night from 7-8:30pm Eastern Time, no matter how I feel. https://www.twitch.tv/pinballandcancer

I just want to let folks know they aren’t alone if they are struggling with this disease and also love pinball. With October being breast cancer awareness month, plus seeing recent high-profile deaths from cancer, I think the disease is even more relevant.

I do a game tutorial, play pinball, talk about cancer, play some more, and also feature at least one segment about people with cancer, what the treatment process is like, etc. I strive to deliver facts, have fun and not make it a total “downer”. It’s tough to merge these two different topics together, but I’m trying my best.

Feedback so far has been universally positive. You’ll find a lot of Florida pinball folks there, plus quite a few newcomers.

Please consider stopping by, check it out, say hello and maybe recommend it to a friend or family member with cancer who needs a social connection. Thank you in advance.

15 Likes

what a cool idea. hope to check it out soon!

Thanks for sharing! I watched a bit of the second stream video and enjoyed it. I like your scrolling FAQs.

If I may provide some feedback, it would be helpful to have a clock showing during the opening message. It’s great that you let people know when it will start, but for those not watching in real time, it means skipping ahead 30 seconds at a time until you find the beginning. A very minor inconvenience, though!

I’m now following your channel. :slight_smile:

Hi again. I just wanted to write a quick note of sincere thanks. First, thank you to everyone who is following my channel. It helps lift my spirits.

Second, I know a few of you contributed very special photos to a montage put together by Sebastian Bobbio and others in this community. I was so overwhelmed by your acts of kindness. You’re really the best! I promise I will keep fighting and return to action as soon as Corona is behind us. Meanwhile, I just like seeing everybody online every Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. Eastern. It helps me feel more connected to the world.

Please be well, and my sincere thanks once again!

1 Like

Keep fighting Norma. Your passion for the game has made you the true heart of Florida pinball. Hopefully some day soon we’ll get together over some nice fast playing EMs!